V3 cam appears dead on new Wyze Floodlight

@UserCustomerGwen So i got a hold of one and have it installed already. As soon as I flip the breaker both lights turn on than off after a few seconds. What I’m not seeing is any light for the V3 cam. Anything i may check? I have all 3 wires correctly.

And I assume all you setup is the cam right?

[Mod Note]: Your post and associated replies were moved to create this new topic for better visibility.

Did you get a Quick Setup Guide, or did the app run you thru installation?

The Floodlight is a light accessory for the V3, like the Light Socket or Spotlight. You set it up under the controlling V3’s Settings > Accessories > Floodlight menu.

That should be the initialization process.

Are you talking about an external light, or the status light?

More Floodlight info here:

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/sections/4409918578331-Wyze-Cam-Floodlight

1 Like

Yes there is a guide but it’s very simple and just shows you how to install the flood light itself. Now i don’t see a red flashing light on the camera as though is not getting power :person_shrugging: if i hit the setup button to do the process it doesn’t do anything.

Wyze Cam Floodlight Quick Start Guide

2 Likes

I already have that non of it is helping. Plus it says to go to add device>cameras>wyze cam floodlight. It’s not even listed on the app.

What app version are you running ?
It should be down at the bottom of the list under cameras

1 Like

What version of the app are you using? It should be as they described:

1 Like

I’m just concerned about the camera not showing any lights. There’s no other update showing up for me. Maybe regular version🤷

It should be there in that beta version you’re running if not you might have to switch to production app

1 Like

Yeah i think I’ll go back to the regular version

You may have 2 issues:

1. I don’t have the Beta app installed on my Android tablet, but the 2.25 Production version I use there has the Floodlight in the add menu.

2. However, if you haven’t successfully added the camera using the standard V3 install (no voice prompt with setup button, no status lights), then maybe the camera is even powered, as you said. In that case you may want to call Support to see if they have any ideas, but you may end up returning it to HD.

Customer Support

There are many ways to contact Wyze. Their phone number is (206) 339-9646, or you can chat with an agent or create a ticket on the support site.

They’re open for support between 4 am-8 pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8 am-4 pm PT Saturday.

1 Like

Just revert back to regular and still is not on the list, it’s even showing less products now​:person_facepalming::laughing:

Try, Uninstall the app completely and reinstall it

1 Like

Exactly what I did, on the other hand the motion detection is suddenly working and lights are turning on/off. All good except the cam

What Android OS version are you running on your device?

Android 11, I’m a tech savvy person… I don’t know why this floodlight is messing with me​:person_shrugging::rofl:

1 Like

It doesn’t make any sense that it doesn’t show up in add device list , it should show up there even if you don’t own one

I know, i never have any issue :person_shrugging::rofl:

Maybe a long shot , restart your device

No luck

The app version I’m getting now is 2.25.31