V3 Alarm Triggers

Can the alarm in the new Wyze Cam be triggered by a routine? Day out detects motion. Can it sounds the alarm?

Can it be triggered by a Wyze motion sensor?

2 Likes

At the moment the actions available are the same as the V2. It can also be triggered by other devices like a V2.

4 Likes

The V2 does not have an alarm. The V3 has a manually operated push button alarm, which the V2 does not. I’m not trying to be difficult, but that is a feature the V3 has, but the V2 does not. So not the same features.

In any case, sounds like you’re saying the answer to my op is no.

Lee Bosset

2 Likes

You are correct: at this time the only way to activate the siren on the V3 is to open the camera in the app and manually activate it.

Speaking only for myself, I would think that as part of the home monitoring system that is under development, Wyze will be building triggers into the app. I guess that as part of the Wyze Sense V2 the triggers will become available. Again, this is my guess only!

3 Likes

Ok. Thanks.
So this feature is only for scaring someone away from the camera. And, you have to currently be viewing that camera when the person is nearby. Maybe it’s good for scaring a cat or bear away.

Lee Bosset

1 Like

I have another brand camera, the siren activates with motion and the coons don’t like it they get the heck out of there pretty quick :joy:

1 Like

I have tried multiple times to use the speakers to shout at birds who choose to use my outdoor V2s as beach lounge chairs and stick their tails over the lens. So far they have failed to move an inch.

3 Likes

At this point yes you have to either be watching the live stream or need to get an alert and then turn on the siren.

I have a Ring (yes, I said it :grin:) floodlight cam that I bought 4 years ago. It has the manual siren that also has to be manually activated. Ring may have some additional feature/products/services available, but I’m not interested in them.

2 Likes

I hear ya , birds crapped on mine too :unamused:

2 Likes

There are few more disempowering feelings than “failed to scare away a bird”.

3 Likes

I have an effective anti bird defense battery. 3 cats. Birds leave our cameras alone. We have several bird feeders they visit and the cats know to leave them alone at the feeders. But if they approach the cameras the cats just grin and say “it’s on now flyboy”!

3 Likes

Wyze, I would like the siren trigger as well. I currently have a door trigger on my mailbox and I have a light turn on at night, if I could add the v3 siren that would be great

2 Likes

i suspect the siren function will tie in to the security system on the 5 designated security cams.