V2: View Playback is fast forwarding 2x

I do not see a way to adjust the playback. It is automatically playing at 2x speed.

I recorded a segment. It plays at normal speed.

Samsung S20 Utra
Android 10: Wyze App Beta 2.15.23

WCO Base Station 4.16.0.187
WCO 4.17.0.186

Cam V2 4.9.6.223 Plugin Version 1.2.7.23

1 Like

Check out this topic for a similar issue: Issue with video playback speed

Is that the same problem you are having?

Yes, so it is not technically a new issue. It is how playback is designed to work.

1 Like

I recently posted about the same issue here:

Are your cloud events showing as longer than 12 seconds and not playing for that long?
Can you verify if yours works normally with Nightvision enabled?
Also did you recently have a camplus subscription that expired? In other words, how long ago did you set up this cam? Was it within the last 2 months?
If you had a camplus trial expire less than 2 weeks ago will you go back 2 weeks ago on cloud events and verify everything works normally for camplus uploads, just not the free cloud events?
I’d really appreciate you checking that out!

Wyze responded to this issue here:

But think they are discounting that this issue is related to the camplus trial and I would like to verify some of that for them if you could help out.

I look forward to your answers to those questions.

1 Like

I am trying to follow the discussion.

I have a SD card, so I assume when I use Playback I am seeing the video stored on the device. That video is playing back at 2x speed. If I record a clip from the Playback, then watch the clip, the clip plays at regular speed.

This is an AWESOME thing to notice! I will check it out on my end when I get a chance and relay the feedback to Wyze too. Thanks for sharing, that is helpful. I’ll let you know if does the same thing for my cam that is having a similar issue.

Were you able to verify the following questions:

1. Are your cloud events showing as longer than 12 seconds and not playing for that long?
  2. Can you verify if yours works normally with Nightvision enabled?
  3. Also did you recently have a camplus subscription that expired? In other words, how long ago did you set up this cam? Was it within the last 2 months?
  4. If you had a camplus trial expire less than 2 weeks ago will you go back 2 weeks ago on cloud events and verify everything works normally for camplus uploads, just not the free cloud events?

I also have the playback speed problem on two V2 cams. I haven’t noticed it on any of my other V2 cams.
It’s been happening since at least 2020/10/31.
It only happens sometimes, and only seems to happen in daytime recordings, not in night vision mode.
Both cams have the Night Vision IR Lights disabled and Night Vision Mode set to Auto.
Firmware v4.9.6.199.
I’ve had these cams for quite a while; I think I set them up in 2019. Neither has had the CAM Plus subscription nor the trial activated; they have person detection through the pay-what-you-want deal.

When watching event clips from the cloud, the video part seems condensed to about 6 seconds, then freezes on the last frame. But the audio is normal speed and continues to the end on the clip. So the audio is out of sync with the video for the whole clip.
Files copied from the SD card and viewed with VLC on my computer have the same kind of problem. In some of the 1-minute files, the video is condensed and then freezes on the last frame while the audio continues at normal speed to the end of the file. The amount the video is condensed varies; it is not always exactly double speed.

When viewing playback on my phone, the speed issue is still there, but there are no sections where the video freezes. The audio syncing seems even worse than in VLC.

If I make a manual recording during playback in the app, the results seem to vary. For a 1-minute clip which played too fast in VLC, when I created a manual recording from the app of that same minute, it seems to play back at a normal speed on my phone (which seems very odd to me), and without the freeze frame. The audio is still out of sync, but in a different way.
But other manual recordings that I made a couple of days ago play back too fast.

1 Like

This is an AWESOME report you made on the issue that expanded from my own experience. Thank you for sharing! You gave me some ideas I plan to test out and see if we can figure out a resolution. You were very helpful and saved me some experimentation (it’s hard for me to test the audio on that particular cam, so that was VERY helpful indeed to hear)! I will test a few theories (removing the name your price PD, reverting firmware to an earlier version, maybe disabling the SD card for a while, and a few other tests). I will let you know if I find anything interesting, please let me know if you test or discover anything else too.

GREAT JOB!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.