V2 update 4.9.4.28 thread

Updated two wyze cam of mine and they wouldn’t connect. It’s extremely annoying for me since I put them in a housing that can mount to my front door and I would need to open up the case to reset the camera. Here my advice, if you updated, you should flash your firmware back to the previous which was in Feb 19. It’s more stable and has no connection issues. Wyze website has an article showing you how to flash the firmware which is pretty easy to do. After this, I wouldn’t update to any newer firmware before checking the online forum first because it’s super annoying to remove the cameras and place them back to where they were.

Well, my camera with firmware 4.9.4.28 is back to its infinite reboot cycle. I am using app 2.2.19, not that that matters since the camera reboots (as evidenced by the clicking sounds) about every 2-3 minutes and never allows a connection from the app. I have been waiting a full week for response for tech support here but no reply other than original acknowledgement of my ticket number.

The camera also refuses to factory reset. It just sits there clicking every 2-3 minutes.

1 Like

Hi @Blueman2, do you have an SD card in that camera? If so, try removing power, removing the card and see if the reboot cycle continues after power up. If it reboots normally, then you have either a SD card that needs to be formatted, or is corrupt.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. Removed the SD card, but same continuous reboot cycle. I have left the SD card out and will continue to test. But still does the ‘clicking’ sound about every 3 minutes and will not connect.

Since the factory reset didn’t work, and removing the SD card didn’t either, it’s starting to sound like a replacement case.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you file a support request including the log files for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.

3 Likes

I have tried all of these things too and still nothing. I finally removed the camera from the app and now it just keeps flashing yellow and doesn’t even say ready to connect. Customer service is telling me I can get a replacement if I have proof of purchase but of course I don’t. Argh!

1 Like

And since I sent that, they have responded to let me know they are sending me a replacement! Great news!

3 Likes

Have 5 v2 cams that run perfectly on firmware 4.9.3.64. When 4.9.4.28 was first released, tried to update a couple of v2’s and had the issues described in this thread. So, I factory flashed them back to 4.9.3.64 and have not had any issues since.

When the smartphone app was updated yesterday I tried again updating the firmware in two of my v2 cams to 4.9.4.28. One cam updated without any issues. The other however had the same issues as described in this thread. After power cycling it several times, was finally able to connect and get the live stream, and turn on night vision with the IR LEDs disabled. Like that new feature.

Unplugged and moved to cam back to its normal location and it would not restart after plugging back in. Had to power cycle it several times to get it to work again.

If the Cam will not restart automatically after a power failure, (without manually power cycling it) the camera firmware has a serious flaw.

Based on the camera not restarting after a power failure, I factory flashed the firmware back to 4.9.3.64.

If you running firmware ver. 4.9.4.28, one might want to check that the camera will automatically restart every time you unplug then replug it into power (simulating a power failure). If not, one might consider downgrading the Cam firmware to a version that will restart.

1 Like