V2 rtsp feedback - other cameras drop on the network

I was able to use the settings post by @richie.digital in BI. Note that you need to change the RTSP port from 8554 to 554. I missed it the first time, and got no signal. Changed it, and it works now. Am still testing the stability part though.

I also have issues with other cameras dropping, but it is because my 2.4ghz band is dropping completely when RTSP is being used from the Wyze cameras. I can leave it on the settings, and everything is fine. The moment I begin to stream one of the cameras via RTSP, my 2.4ghz band goes down and everything drops from the network. I can stream other cameras via RTSP, and have no issues. Just when I stream the Wyze. Using VLC, iSpy, and/or iVideon to stream. Testing out the 3 to see which I like best, not using them at the same time.

Scientific proof.

Yeah, i finally managed to get it working with those settings (thanks!) but like others, I am having connectivity issues. The camera worked great the first week, then it started to drop and drop constantly. I engaged support and it ended up being the camera itself. With support I flashed the firmware back to the latest version and was still getting drops just using the app. Then we did some network testing and the network is fine (I hope, it’s what I do for a living!). So they sent me a new camera. I just got it yesterday, so I plan on trying again this weekend.

My issue is that they state that they cannot continue to support two protocol paths for the development of the feature rich app and the RTSP for those of us that would like to use that with our security grid. But they already have. They spent the time and created a RTSP firmware and offered it to people. The very least, the company should finish development to a stable, working version. We don;t need anything fancy, just a stable release. The beta they tossed out seems to be anything but stable.

Otherwise I like the cameras, I am just not a huge cell phone fanatic and I like my recording history to be all day, every day. Not limited to the size of an SD card or otherwise, I don’t sit here staring at my cameras on my phone all day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, keep us updated on your test result if there’s just the camera’s issue. I agreed with the RTSP firmware path. I prefer it supports RTSP well and stable. No motion detecting or any other fancy feature is needed, since people needs its RTSP to be connected to somewhere which likely to have more computing power and advanced features,

1 Like

Does it sound like RTSP dev is shelved for the moment?

This update didn’t sound that way.

Same information as the original one, just shorter. The only difference is this statement says they are working on it. If it was truly in beta and truly being worked on, there would be updates as they make changes. That is the entire purpose of a beta version.

really happy to find this thread, i was going sort of crazy. I want to use motioneyeOS on a raspberry pi3 to supervise 4-6 cams.

I only got all 4 cams working at the same time for a couple seconds, Then one went away. On VLC opening each one independently works, but as soon as i started to launch several they crashed all the same.

Before that i was using only one cam on a network and it did always end up crashing, even though she was the only one on the network. It took days more than minutes though.
Looking forward to a correction!

my cam doesnt drop frame any more

they just released a beta 2 firmware https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026245231-Wyze-Cam-RTSP

2 Likes

OK. Off to try beta firmware.
will post the results.

OK. After upgrading the cams stay connected. Performance is not optimal but I guess that has to do with the raspberry pi3 handling the 5 video streams.

No more disconnecting​:+1::+1:

1 Like

Could you please give us the specs of your pi3 system?

RTSP instability issues with Blue Iris V5. (Here is how I solved the issue I was experiencing)

I hope this helps others. I am tagging some people that I came across reading through the various threads on this forum to give them a heads up and thank them for their posts.
@ArthurH
@UserCustomerGwen
@gemniii
@richie.digital
MMediaman
mtuck

Here is my setup.
-Blue Iris version 5
-4 WyzeCam V2
-1 WyzeCamPan
-2 Wyze Sensor Bridges
-3 Wyze Contact Sensors
-1 Wyze Motion Sensor
I am using the beta 2 version of the RTSP firmware.

I have been experiencing instability with all five Wyze Cameras hooked to my Blue Iris V5 with the following settings.
GENERAL TAB
-Max Rate = 15fps

VIDEO TAB - Then under ‘Configure’
-Address = rtsp://192.168.x.x/live
-RTSP port = 554
-Discovery/ONVIF port = 8999
-receive buffer (MB) = 10
Radio (checkboxs) with checks are,
‘Send RTSP keep-alives’
‘USE RTSP/stream timecode’
‘Skip initial HTTPS DNS and reachability tests’

AND THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE IS THE WORKAROUND (at least it worked for me)
WATCHDOG TAB
uncheck the box ‘Detect loss of signal’

I have not had a problem since i implemented this yesterday. Time will tell. I will report back if i start having the problem again.

3 Likes

Scratch that. 3 of 5 are not working this morning.

So I didn’t disable it, but I increased the time limit of the watchdog feature. I can’t recall the time, I think I set it for sixty seconds.

What happens now is that I can see the cameras drop, but then they come back up after a few seconds. If I disabled the feature, they would never come back up. I also think I changed the reset camera feature, but I can’t recall what I set it as. I will try and remember to check it when I get home.

So now, I see the cameras come on and off and back on, but they at least now, always stay on and not lose the signal and never come back up.

Not ideal, but better then nothing. Every week or two one of them doesn’t come back up and I have to reboot it physically.

Reads like an application for a Smart Plug!

Hello,

sorry for the late reply.

This are CPU & Mem info:
Is there any other relevant info i could provide you with?
This is the default CPU activity. Nobody is connected / watching.

cat /proc/cpuinfo 
processor: 0
model name: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
BogoMIPS: 76.80
Features: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32 
CPU implementer: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant: 0x0
CPU part: 0xd03
CPU revision: 4

processor: 1
Features: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32 

processor: 2

processor: 3

Hardware: BCM2835
Revision: a02082
Serial: 00000000d2ae9188

cat /proc/meminfo 
MemTotal:         766748 kB
MemFree:          235548 kB
MemAvailable:     401348 kB