Due to the latest Hub Beta firmware MAJOR problems (and with no communication from Wyze about what’s going on with it or if anyone even acknowledges there is something they are looking into), I did this firmware update more carefully, especially since the release notes here say that there is a known active bug that says the update failed on iOS when it didn’t actually fail which indicates to me that at least some known bugs were known but not addressed/fixed yet before this release to beta, and so there could be others. I decided to start with just 2 v2 cams and my cam pan (one of the cams has had the connection error issue in question appear sporadically so it seems like a good test candidate). Using Android and the account tab for updates I told those 3 devices to update. All 3 devices said the update failed.
I thought maybe the same thing was happening on Android (Android 11 using a Google Pixel), and perhaps the updates say failed, but were really successful. So I went out and came back in to the account tab to see if it showed a change. The Pan Cam now showed it was successful:
But the 2 V2’s still said their update failed:
So I went to check on them individually through the Home tab.
One of them (North Cam) popped up a notification that there was an update available. I told it to update this way, and it was successful.
The other Cam (South Cam) was knocked offline by the update attempt. It was totally unresponsive after the update fail (but was working fine before the attempt) The only option I had was to reset the power and hope it wasn’t bricked. I reset the power to it, and it booted back up. I selected the device from the home screen and this cam did not give me a notice there was an update like the other one. I had to go into settings, and there in settings it DID recognize there was a pending update. I told it to update again. It said it failed again:
I went out, and went back into the device, and at least this time it was not knocked out of commission. I went into settings again, and I noticed it is showing the new firmware version afterall in the device settings screen:
That indicates that it was actually successful, but when I clicked on the firmware version button, it is telling me that the previous screen is wrong and that I am still on the older firmware version and still need to upgrade:
I exited the app again and tried going back in one more time, and now it shows it is up to date as it should be.
And the account tab now shows all 3 are updated correctly too:
Again, I am using Android, and had the same issues as the release note stated happens with iOS (said it failed when sometimes it didn’t).
So in summary: from account tab, all three said they failed, but pan cam was successful, from individual device, one of the V2’s said it was successful and actually was successful as it said. The other one was knocked out by the first attempt and had to be completely rebooted, then still said it failed the second attempt, but ultimately showed to be successful.
Hope that helps. I might wait to try my other 5 V2’s for now since this firmware appears to be a little buggy from that standpoint, and after my recent worries with the Hub Beta firmware having so many problems with no way to roll it back or know what’s going on. Playing things safer now that bugs have increased without communication.
I will update after checking streams and events throughout the day and see if it seems to be reliable, especially on the cam that has sometimes had the issues in question.