V2 motion sensor offline

As the title states, my motion sensor v2 is offline and has been for several days now. Is there anything I can do to bring it online?

Thanks!

Can you tell us a little more about your setup? Do you have any more senors on the same hub? What have you done for troubleshooting? How far and what is your between the sensor and the hub? “Paint the picture” for us is what I like to say. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply.

I do not have any other motion sensors, but I have about 15 other entry sensors, the keypad and hub. Everything else is online, only the motion sensor is offline. The hub is probably 15-20 feet away.

I looked around in the app settings for the motion sensor, but I don’t really know what else to look for to get it back online. The battery shows a Normal status and 3 bars for signal strength. All the firmware is up to date.

I have multiple other Wyze devices that are connected: vacuum, plugs, lights, cameras, etc.

I’m also running the home monitoring in test mode if that matters.

If there is any other info that would be helpful, let me know.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear of your woes. :neutral_face: One of my v2 motion sensors went offline shortly after setting up my HMS. I ended up having to do a battery pull. It came right back online and has been running flawlessly now for months. Slide the face of the motion sensor up off the mounting bracket to access the batteries. Pull batteries for about 10-20 seconds, reinstall batteries, slide motion sensor down onto the mounting bracket. Hopefully it will immediately come back online. Dismount/access pics here (scroll down to Motion Sensor v2):
https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-security-system-impression/175412/3?u=seapup

4 Likes

That did the trick and it was super easy to do, thank you!

2 Likes

Great to hear and thank you for replying back with status. :+1:

I have the same problem and have tried new batteries and a reset multiple times. Can’t figure out why is stops connecting. It is a room that gets a lot of traffic but batteries are still good. Hw do I contact support for a replacement. I believe it is faulty as the other sensor I have is perfectly fine.

You can contact support at:

Wyze Customer Support: (206) 339-9646
Available Monday - Friday 4 am - 8 pm PT
Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT