V2 firmware 4.9.2.18 released to public!

Awesome! Glad to hear. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Here is a helpful link:

https://www.wyzecam.com/how-to-use-alexa-wyzecam/

One of mine froze one of my V2. Reflashed. We really shouldn’t have to reflash. It should just work. I would be really pissed if I was away, did the upgrade, and then have one, or all, of the cameras not work and would have to wait until I got home. I think from now on I will not do any more upgrades. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

So were you local as in on your own WiFi when you updated and it failed?

Or were you away and upgraded via cellular or other internet connection than your local network the cameras are on?

Mine failed when I was updating remotely and I figured maybe the fact that it was updated remotely came in to play on the failure…

I was in the next room. My other 3 upgraded. The last one froze up and I got the steady yellow light.

Are the Wyzecam V1 cameras going to get updates as well or are they becoming obsolete?

Since V2 firmware, 4.9.2.18 was installed, this apparently broke my notifications.

Everything was functional, working perfectly before this Firmware Upgrade. No longer getting video motion detection.

The state of my camera appears to be operational. I can connect too it, perform any operation, set any feature. Motion Tagging is on, and shows objects being picked up, only it will not send a push notification for the video movement. Oddly, Sound detection seems to be working, as it does push notifications. Not that I use sound, but I flipped it on to make sure it was operational.

Trying another few things, Camera with Night Vision on, ( Auto and On ) — it seems to pick up motion detection. In fact, just sent notification in fact. Just tested it.

Mysetup: No SD Card installed, Camera is in HD Quality
Alert Settings are: Motion Detection On, Sensitivity ( was 55% ) bumped to 100% ( with no results ) – Detection Zone: Selected, now changed to Full Screen, Sound Detection: Off, Smoke Alarm: on, CO alarm: Off. Alert Sched: All Day

I’ll try a few other items here, but — I seem to be leaning towards downgrading the firmware.

Yes there will be a firmware update for V1 cameras and we’re working on it. Hopefully we can release it soon.

Hi Daniel,

Are you saying you’re not getting push notification for motion when the night vision if OFF? Could you email me your the MAC address on the bottom of the camera, the time and date that you didn’t get a notification but you think you should, and your time zone? We’ll check your camera settings stored in the cloud and see if anything is wrong. My email address is ltan@wyzecam.com

I have One cam in the hall that was not getting push notification for motion when the night vision is OFF

That’s the only one I had it turned off on , switched it to auto yesterday, notification for motion works now

I should have gotten several notifications yesterday but got none with the night vision is OFF

Thanks for the reply. I have invested in buying wyze cam v1 for some time and was worried they were not goingn to get updated. Now I feel at easy getting an amazon alexa product to have my cameras stream to my TV.

After updating to v1.4 app I have noticed that occasionally when opening the app that I get “Refresh List Failed” and a big + to add cameras as none show up.

My fix is to select notifications then go back to devices in which it now shows my cameras.

Did not have this problem with previous app version.

Running on a Nexus 6p with Android version 8.10 (Oreo)

It’s good that you are trying new things.

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar is an old rule, and it applies everywhere.

Curiously one of my cameras did the 4.9.2.18 firmware update without my asking it to. In fact I had deliberately clicked on the button requesting not to be notified for a couple weeks. Just thought I’d see how the update has been going for my fellow users and saw some problems similar to the ones I’d had with the last update. My intention was to remove the SD card to avoid the problems I’d had with the last up but the camera updated fine without having removed the card. Maybe I’ll just go ahead and try it now on my second camera.