V2 firmware 4.9.1.76 released to Beta!

Hi folks,
V2 beta firmware 4.9.1.76 is finally released. Thank you guys for the patience of waiting!

Changes include:

• Updated night vision switch logic
  • Updated connection logic to reduce ‘stuck at 3/3’ issue
  • Changed SD card rollover logic to delete 1 hour of oldest video each time
  • Changed an issue that one-minute long video only has 52 seconds of audio
  • Changed an issue that with night vision on, the recorded video played like in “fast-forward” mode
  • Changed an issue that with night vision on, alert video and audio were out of sync.

Known issues:

• Video freezes at the end of the recorded video but audio is okay. (We found the cause and are working on a fix.)

Suggested test areas:

• Connectivity
  • Recorded video & alert videos under night vision

If you encounter issues, you can revert your firmware via https://www.wyzecam.com/…/flashing-your-wyzecam-v2-firmware/

Could you explain “Changed SD card rollover logic to delete 1 hour of oldest video each time” a bit more?

Hoping this could fix https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/continuous-recording-to-sd-card-stops-once-card-is-full/ that is impacting quite a few, including me.

Of course!

Say you have a recording from 6 am to 8 pm on 5/9, all day of recording from 5/10 and 5/11 and your memory card is getting full, instead of deleting all the footage from 5/9, it’ll start deleting footage from 6 am to 7 am on 5/9. If full again, delete from 7 am to 8 am on 5/9, and so on.

We haven’t got a steady repro of your issue, but please try with the newest firmware and let us know if it resolves the issue or not.

“Updated night vision switch logic” … Does this help with the issue of having the camera too close to a window and the IR lights blinding the video?

Very unlikely. Can’t change the laws of physics with a firmware change. Light is going to bounce off the glass.

Yes, unfortunately like what K6CCC said, we’re not able to fix the reflection of IR lights with firmware updates. But we updated the night vision switch logic so that at low light threshold situation, night vision won’t constantly switch on and off. Hope this makes sense. :slight_smile:

Sorry… I didn’t make myself clear…nothing to do with physics… my question was aimed at the ability to turn off the IR lights and have the camera remain in night vision mode… I heard openipc has this ability with just a firmware change… but I do not want to do messing around with that… oh well…

Thanks Li… yes it does. I was just hoping for my last comment to K6CCC

You are right, you were not clear about what you hoped for. Yes, I think all of us would like to see the ability to independently control the IR illuminators separately from night vision mode so that we can leave the IR illuminators off when the camera switches to night vision mode.

Yes, this is something we can do through a firmware update and we’re definitely thinking of implementing this in the future release. There are some features that have higher priority right now but we’re working towards it!

Where do I go to download and flash my devices with the new beta firmware released?

Disregard, found it.