BETA Help (that’s why I’m in Beta is to help you figure out this stuff, right?)
Summary Description: On 1 of my V2 Cams, it functioned normally at activation, then after the CamPlus Trial expired, it now records all daytime videos in what appears to be double speed (or dropping every other frame. It is the same for the Cloud events and on the SD card. Cloud events show as 13 or 14 seconds and when played instead of 12 seconds, they only play for 6-7 seconds, then the video remain stationary and the play slider freezes until the full 13-14 seconds passes, and then it ends the video as normal. It does appear that it records sound, but it’s hard to tell how it was affected since nobody ever talks near that cam.
Night vision videos all record and play normally both on the cloud events (show as 12 seconds, plays the full 12 seconds in normal speed, etc), and normal on the SD card too.
I’m a Professional QA tester, so I wrote the following out MOSTLY in a QA Form for Wyze Devs close to how I would have for a company who paid me to test their stuff.
Issue Title: V2 cam plays 7 seconds double time in daytime and plays normal at night after CamPlus trial ended.
Issue Type: FUNCTIONAL
Frequency: EVERY TIME during the day. (Cam is normal at night)
Severity/Priority: MEDIUM ( 2 out of 4) - (Most things work normally, and at least it records video, but it may affect sound and appears to be causing a cloud error too)
Device & Environment:
- Samsung Note 8 Android 9 (and several other devices)
- WyzeBeta V2.15.21 (but was happening before the latest update too)
- V2 Firmware: 22.214.171.124
- WiFi connection Signal shows 3 full bars (same as most properly functioning cams)
- All other cams work fine, it is not the network or interference or anything.
- Checked several days (daytime and nighttime to find the boundaries)
- CamPlus Trial was active through the last day video on Nov. 1 at 5:03PM.
- 14 days ago on Thu Oct 29th [and continuing through the last daytime CamPlus Trial video Nov 1 at 5:03pm] (CamPlus was still active), cloud events did playback normally.
- First video issue starts with the first daytime video after the trial ended: Nov 2, 8:01am
- SD card playback only went back 3 days, so anything prior to 11/8/20 was not accessible, but all daytime SD recordings back to the 8th were playing at double-speed.
Expected Results: All videos would record and play normally in 1X speed whether in daytime or nightvision mode. Cloud events would be 12 seconds long and play for 12 seconds.
Actual Results: Daytime videos record and play in double speed. Cloud events are inconsistent length (I have noticed 13-14 seconds) and only play for 6-7 seconds, then pause the video and the play position marker until the full 13-14 seconds passes and then ends the video. SD recording play in double speed as though it is dropping every other frame.
NightVision records and plays correctly.
Error Message: N/A
Support Ticket with Logs Filed: 57610
Nov 1 at 5:03pm Video, last properly functioning video (while on CamPlus)
Nov 2, 8:01am Video - First messed up video after CamPlus Trial ended and daytime videos all play at double speed.
A more clear Video from 11/10/20 4:33pm (cloud event) with a human in it moving double time (though you can also tell from watching the seconds pass too fast anyway).
It is also an example of cloud event showing 14 seconds, freezing at 7 seconds then ending the video after 14 seconds pass:
This is the same time period as the above video, but played from the SD card showing it is doing the same thing there too:
This is an example of cloud event showing 13 seconds, freezing at 6 seconds then ending the video after 13 seconds pass (so it’s not always 14 seconds and 7 seconds, but is varying):
Night vision examples showing the exact same cam works properly with nightvision running: