V2 Cam no longer detects motion

I think I’m late :slightly_smiling_face: but it could be useful in the future…
Motion detection is made by software. If you can connect to the camera and view the live stream, then the hardware (lens, sensor, processor, WiFi module, antenna, etc.) is working Ok. That was a clue that it should be a software problem (configuration, firmware, Wyze app on the phone, or something on Wyze’s servers).

1 Like

Being a hardware guy, I love to blame software, :wink: but… if my other V2 cameras work with .241 firmware, what makes this camera different?

Being a software guy, I love to blame… third party software :slightly_smiling_face: I really don’t know. But I strongly suspect there are different batches of V2 with differences at hardware level. I have one V2 that placed in a particular spot barely connected to my WiFi. I tried a lot of workarounds to no avail. I finally put a different V2 in that spot, and it connects with 3 bars.
The first V2 works fine, but has less WiFi range… Maybe your V2 has some weird hardware difference that makes it not compatible with .241 firmware? I don’t know, you are the hardware guy :grinning:

Sounds like you understand hardware too! :wink: Now is it a design difference or something in the hardware that failed? :thinking:

I was going to suggest reverting to an earlier version of F/W (199 wasn’t too bad). I know most of mine are no longer getting motion after turning motion off and then re-enabling it. It seems that the current F/W has issues and has them for over a month.

I had to reset the sensitivity on my V2 about a week ago. Seems like the latest update adjusted something.

1 Like

I noticed today that my v2 camera no longer shows a green box and therefore I no longer receive Person Detection notifications via the Wyze Service I subscribe to … Person Detection (Pilot). Perhaps Wyze wants us to migrate to CAM+. I will roll back to an older firmware.

Well after last App update, my v2 lost Detection as well.
no motion, nor person detection.
yes, you can stand in front . and no detection.

live video sound is just 1/4 volume.

pls fix.

No sure if Wyze is trying purge old units and sell more?

It seems to be such a rare occurrence, I doubt Wyze will focus any energy on looking into it. My ‘fix’ was to rename the camera that has the issue to ‘Don’t Update’ so I remember not to update to new firmware when it is released. I only have one camera that has the issue.

so Wyze did something in their end?

why after app update.?

I submitted a log.

No idea but it seems a few cameras have issues with newer firmware. Try to go back to the previous release of firmware and see if the helps.

It has older version firmware.

It is the server issue at Wyze End.

New 2.27 update amplify incompatibility of server and user app.

It seems we will be required to upgrade to the latest firmware soon so maybe my cameras that can not detect motion with new firmware will be rendered useless for detecting motion. Hmmmm

:thinking:

… we’re requiring that all Wyze Cam v2, v3, Pan, and Video Doorbell products be updated to the current firmware version. We recommend you update them yourself to control the timing. Otherwise, we will likely push updates to outdated devices beginning February 1 through February 15, 2022 . (Updates to Wyze Cam Outdoor are coming soon - stay tuned.)