I have a number of the Wyze Cam V2 Black’s from HomeDepot’s Black Friday. With everyone stuck at home these may better serve has webcams.
Firmware updates within the app work without a problem, but attempting to manually flash any firmware through SD just isn’t happening. Bin file is loaded on the root of the SD card, power is cut, SD is inserted, setup button is held, power is connected… and we just get a solid yellow until the yellow flashes and i hear “ready to connect”
The SD card works fine as I can record to it via the webcam and access it via PC
- The SD cards I have are 64gb, not 32. Is 32 required?
- Yes, I’ve properly hit the button
- I’ve tried this with both the microusb and USB a-a cable as power sources
- I’ve tried multiple firmware’s to see if it was just the webcam one. Issue persists
- I had a fresh camera still in the box so I cracked that one open and ran into the same issue
So the questions are
- What did I miss?
- Has anyone else been able to manually flash firmware on the V2 Black?
Appreciate it the help!