V1.3 apps released to public!

Hi all! We just had our V1.3 apps released to public! It is a major milestone release with a lot of exciting features. The release details are below:

iOS V1.3.116 (released on 4/29/2018)
Add device sorting
Add motion detection zone (need firmware update)
Swipe left/right to switch between alerts
Change motion/sound sensitivity from H/M/L to a 1-100 slider (need firmware update)
Allow turning on/off sound on camera (need firmware update)
UI changes and bug fixes

Minimum firmware version for V1.3 features:
Wyze Cam v1 – V3.9.3.62
Wyze Cam v2 – V4.9.1.42

Android V1.3.123 (released on 4/29/2018)
Add device sorting
Swipe left/right to switch between alerts
Change motion/sound sensitivity from H/M/L to a 1-100 slider (need firmware update)
Allow turning on/off sound on camera (need firmware update)
Switch to use Google notification service
UI changes and bug fixes

Minimum firmware version for V1.3 features:
Wyze Cam v1 – V3.9.3.62
Wyze Cam v2 – V4.9.1.42

Hope you enjoy the new features. :slight_smile: Thanks!

I wanted to try this out, so I set a detection zone (easily done) and then, since I had a custom alert schedule, toggled All Day from Off to On. I was disappointed to see that my custom schedule was deleted and replaced by a default one. So when I'm done testing and want to switch All Day to Off I'm going to have to set up the custom alert schedule again. Why can't that info be retained if the user toggles All Day from Off to On?

(p.s. I successfully received a Notification on my android phone after doing a motion test!)

5 cameras all updated to the new app, now all 5 I have a blinking blue light and no connection. All we’re working prior to the new app…

update

My mistake it was an update to the firmware version to 3.9.3.62 not the app. But still no connection unplugged the 1 camera hoping it would connect…no luck.

I think this is more firmware issue than app issue. The app kicks off the upgrade and then the cameras lost their server connection. Actually we rarely hear flashing blue after upgrading. Can you please help collect camera log and send to me (tyuan@wyzecam.com)? This could be a new issue we didn’t know before. All you need to do is to put in a SD card into the camera when it is flashing blue. After hearing two chime sound you can take it out. There should be a file log_XXXX.txt for your v1 unit where XXXX is the MAC address on the bottom of your camera. We will really appreciate your help (we only need 2 logs from you which will be enough). If for any reason you can’t take the logs we can totally understand.

For flashing blue, usually a power cycle will help bring it back to good state. Please try that. If not working, you can try following:

1. Re-setup the camera
  2. Hold the Setup button for about 20s and release, it will take 5-6 minutes to reset the camera to factory settings. Then you can setup again
  3. If you want to go one step further to manually flash your firmware, here is the link. https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/flashing-your-wyzecam-v1-firmware/
I would recommend trying one camera first to find out which step will recover your units. Then you can apply the same mechanism to all of them. Again, sorry for the inconvenience!

Understand the pain point. My understanding is that our firmware only has one setting for start time and end time. Once you changed it (including switching to all day) the value was overwritten. Due to compatibility issue, this may not be easy to fix. We will check what we can do there.

Just upgraded to 1.3 and setup a motion zone which removed cars going by my house. Its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Thank you — thank you

Mine auto-upgraded last night I think. Everything is working so far - push notifications, detection zone, device sorting, etc.

Using on Google Pixel 2 - Android 8.1.0
<div></div>

Great to hear! Thank you for letting us know! :slight_smile:

Great Updates!

I was hoping you would also include the ability to set the alert schedule in a more granular way. It would be really helpful to set the schedule by day of the week.

Are you planning at all to support that?

Any progress on the IFTTT integration?

Thanks,

Luca

Yes and yes. We have plan to add that support in the future. It may not be through the exact UI but the functionality will be there.

In a few weeks we will expect to have customers testing our IFTTT integration. We don’t have a fixed date since IFTTT review is expected to take some time.

Thak you!

I already bought 4 cameras but I think I’ll buy more!

Great job guys!

Where is the V 1.3 app located? Can someone post a link i have a iPhone 6 and iPad 4 does the new app work on these devices?

Update on the flashing blue lights…went away for a few hours…was able to connect to all 5 cameras…now they are off line with no connection possible and the flashing blue lights are back!!!

You can download the latest app on Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

Can you please take camera log on 2 of your cameras when they are flashing blue? The instructions are at https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/instruction-to-collect-app-log-andor-camera-log/.

Ok downloaded the new app on both devices, blinking blue lights are gone, all 5 cameras are working…

Thanks

Unplugged my cam to move it. Now I need to reconnect. How do I do that?

Glad they are working now. I still suspect some camera networking related issues there. Updating app should not change camera status light. It could be just coincidental. Anyhow, if you see it again, please take camera logs. Thanks!

As long as the new location has access to the same wifi, you shouldn’t need to do anything but plug it back in. Very similar to the way a Google Home or Amazon Echo works, as long as you don’t move out of range of the wifi it is configured for, when you plug it back in, it will attempt connecting to the wifi SSID with the password it used before.

Hi there…why does my IOS (beta) app version not showing 1.3.116 available? I only have 1.3.112 available to download. Is there a difference? Beta only? I am also on V2 4.9.1.60 fw. Please advise as to the latest ones and where to find the list on the website. Still have choppy livestream on LTE/outside wifi. Thx,

jason