Using Wyze Vaccuum on Different Floors (top/basement)

Yup, can’t wait to be able to save floor mappings. Right now, I have to move my old Roomba to other floors. I understand it won’t have automated docking on other floors, but just would be nice to pick it up, drop it off, and in the app, tell it to clean rooms X&Y on the 3rd floor.

3 Likes

Definitely need multi floor mapping. We live in a 2 story home and yes you can erase it and have it re map every time but that takes time and sometimes by the time it maps and then vacuums there is not enough battery left to do it all at once. Also it deletes your virtual walls/rooms which is actually quite important if you have objects it constantly gets stuck on or you want to clean specific rooms. I haven’t heard if this is an official feature they are working on, but I hope so.

2 Likes

Different floors would be great if it could save the maps! If possible it’d be great if you could by additional charging stations and the Vac could identify each one and automatically know which map to use. I’d hate to have to buy one for each floor, but considering it!

2 Likes

I have several areas that I wall off on each floor so it would be great to have the ability for multiple floors or I have to let it map first, wall off, and then clean. That’s the one thing I’m waiting for!

I can’t believe its been almost 2 months, and no updates on this. This would bump the vacuum from great to amazing.

1 Like

Wish I had come here to see what would happen BEFORE carrying my vac upstairs and starting it. I guess when it’s done I’m going to have to redo my main floor map, room names, and schedules. Bummer.

Update: Well, it didn’t wipe out my main floor map. It ran around upstairs for a while, got stuck a couple of times, got disoriented, ended the job and said it was heading back to charge. I picked it up when it got the stairs and set it back down near the base and pushed the home button and it docked. So while it didn’t erase my main floor map, it didn’t clean the upstairs properly either. Guess I’ll patiently await more software updates…

You would need to erase the map manually if you move it to another floor or it’ll try using the old map. I’m hoping they add this soon,

Any update on multi-floor mapping?

Apparently not…

1 Like

Bumping this so it doesn’t get closed, this was a feature that was promised when the vacuum was on pre-order and listed as coming soon with a software update with no updates from Wyze almost 5 months later.
@UserCustomerGwen @WyzeAndy

2 Likes

Any day now.

This feature has been available for a couple of weeks now in the beta version of the app and firmware. I’ve been using it and it works well. You can read more about beta versions here:

Thanks, but that beta hasn’t been downloading for me. I’ll keep my eye out if it does eventually load up.

That’s the thing- I don’t want to lose my no-go zones. It took some fidgeting to get them just right. I can’t recreate them in a few seconds.

Problem is that I don’t want to loose my map. I need the virtual walls and I don’t want to redo them again and again

So, according this this: Beta app to install beta software for Wyze vacuum did not install - #16 by lockgavin

"The beta firmware for WRV is not given to all beta testers. It is given randomly or by batch. The firmware may be provided to them but we don’t have a timeframe for that.”

So, yea, 6 months later, still no multi-floor support.

1 Like

Hopefully this gets moved along faster. I’d guess that more homes have 2 levels than just one level in the US. Where I live a lot of people have a finished basement and main level even in a ranch home.

It is a big deal if the map is erased. We often bring up the map, select a couple of rooms that need cleaning, and let her/him go at it. As others have said, map saving is important.

1 Like

Hello. So far love the LiDAR vacuum. I need to add a second floor. But it won’t let me unless starts from the base. Is it possible to add a second floor without moving the base to the second floor?

What firmware is on your unit and where and when did you purchase it?