Using PC to view SD card recordings

The ribbon cable SD card extender is quite handy and I have two of them

1 Like

I actually created a small program just to combine these video clips into a single .mp4

If anyone is interested in this i will upload the code to Github and release an exe, just let me know.

3 Likes

I am very interested. Thanks.

1 Like

:+1: :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

That would be most awesome and generous! Definitely very interested!

make one in Apple Swift too… we apples love you oranges

I give this link only becouse i know there is no better tool out there. With that being said, i just threw this together in a night, so it needs a lot of work. I will probably keep up with developing it as time goes on, but i am no programmer just a hobbyist.

If anyone needs help compiling this to a running .exe send me a direct message. If your know Python, feel free fork it or make any suggestions.

Also, since i haven’t tested it out just yet you MIGHT have to install ffmpeg. If this is the case, keep checking back i’ll fix any bugs like that.

Hope it helps!

2 Likes

Sorry i only know Python and JavaScript at this time. Maybe I’ll get into Apple development at some point, but no time soon I’m afraid.

No worries, somebody will do it if it works out well

1 Like

Hello shifty189, I am also very interested. Thanks
Victor

look at my post above for my github link.

Thanks again shifty189.
Victor.

1 Like

so in case anyone wants to try there luck with a sketchy link on the internet, i have compiled my program into an exe with everything required to run on a modern windows computer and shared it on my onedrive.

1 Like

Thanks.
Was this written for Python 2.x or 3.x?

I wrote it using Python3, and ffmpeg does all the video magic.

I assumed you were going to use ffmpeg. It’s a very useful tool.
I tried it on a with Python 2.7 installed because I have some other stuff running that version. Will try a different PC.
The .exe seems to work fine though.

Thanks again.

Your very welcome, I’m just glad that someone other than myself gets some use out of my efforts.

Bah, humbug

This was something that I couldn’t stand…so many 1 minute clips…yet if you don’t watch it all…oh dear god! (Joking, now I have learned to start paying attention to times and stuff, But I digress…)

My first solution, or workaround, was to download and use VLC. You can use Windows Media Player but I found it a pain to work with for whatever reason. I was able to queue up the hour clips, like most other media players, but then I had the option to speed up or slow down at many different intercalls. You can also do a Spinal Tap and make the volume go to 11, or whatever. It got the job done for the most part.

I’ve been teaching myself how to edit so I’ve been messing around in the Adobe suite. One night I decided to give it a try combining the clips together to see if they could be used for something like say a HD youtube video. It was late at night so after some failed gos I queued up a few hours worth of footage and went to bed. I totally forgot about the whole thing until today when I found it, and it worked!!! I understand that this isn’t really the best option for most but if anyone wants to give it a try it’s actually pretty easy to do IF you have access to Prelude and the Media Encoder (I would hope that would come with the Premiere Pro subscription but who knows). Anyway, I’m proud of myself even if it’s just three hours of nothing remotely exciting happening on my back porch. (Yeah I would also recommend not just picking any clips because it does take some time depending on the type of computer you have so…yeah, lol. it’s not even like, a sunset or anything, haha)

1 Like

Love it man! Similar to the story of how I made my program. I work with lighworks so stitching movies together wasn’t a problem, but it was a pain.

1 Like

Just received my Cam Outdoor and am interested in NOT using the Cloud so would like to view, store, etc., on my Win10 PC. Since there is currently no Wyze computer app, I have downloaded the BlueStack “emulator” but see little info on its use.
Is there a source of information on what it can do and how?

BTW, the tip on using a ribbon cable SD extender seems like a handy one.

I find a number of options on Amazon for a ribbon extender cable but confused on what configuration of connectors. Want to go from Micro SD (from Cam) to SD slot on PC.
Recommendations appreciated. Tnx.