Using as baby monitor - disconnects during the night

We are trying out a Wyze Cam as a baby monitor (while using our old monitor as a backup during testing), but the app is timing out back to the home screen some time during the night (meaning that the audio is no longer coming through). We leave the phone on and plugged in all night, and the screen is still on in the morning (but back on the home screen). The phone is a spare (LG Tribute HD) on airplane mode with WiFi turned on and we haven’t turned on any Wyze notifications. Any ideas?

there have been numerous report of that behavior coming from people that typically use it as a monitor for either a baby or even a front door. to my knowledge there is no work around. I love Wyze but I think I would go a bit higher end for something as important as a baby monitor.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the feedback! This makes the decision really easy to go with a real monitor.

1 Like

on the upside. keep the camera in the room. you could use time lapse to see how much they move when they sleep. it can alert you when they wake up and begin moving, there are a host of upsides, just maybe not as a constant monitor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which app version, Android version, and wyzecam version do you have? I’ve been using V2.4.82 and I haven’t encountered the app timing out. My old Samsung tablet had the issue with it disconnecting and going to the home screen so I had to stop using wyze on that. That was an older wyze app and I checked with support but they said it could not be fixed because they didn’t support that older Android version. They also said I should not be using wyze on multiple devices which baffled me.

My Android 8 works fine with wyze though. I’ve been using it for awhile with no timing out issues. The only problem I have is sometimes the camera disconnects and when it tries to reconnect it fails. I don’t know if that’s related to my wyzecam v1 with a continuous recording issue though.

It’s not 100% reliable as a baby monitor… So I agree with @Bam that you might want to just use wyzecam as backup or for other uses.

2 Likes

Great point! It’s a super old phone that I was using for work testing and is still on Android 6. We’re planning to use the camera for other purposes.

Thanks!

2 Likes