User guide or manual

So I preordered 2 wyze cam v3s. Now I was believing that it would be powered by a long-lasting battery for placement flexibility. There is no way of knowing if this was bait and switch without the help of a user guide or manual. But I can’t seem to find one on the wyze website.

It’s not a bait and switch it’s on the product info page Wyze Cam v3 | Wired Security Camera

3 Likes

Welcome Cozmik Mezzenger. The Wyze v3 product pages have not changed other than an Out of Stock notice. The Wyze v3 cam obtains power via USB cable. I don’t see anything on the product pages and support pages that implies battery-powered.

Does Wyze Cam v3 have a battery?

How much power does Wyze Cam v3 use?

Is Wyze Cam v3 wireless?

How is Wyze Cam v3 different than Wyze Cam Outdoor?

Wyze product user guides, FAQs and Troubleshooting for Wyze products and services are located on the Wyze website. To navigate to the v3 info:

Wyze.com > Support > Products > Cameras > Wyze Cam v3

If you feel you’ve ordered in error and would like to request cancellation, try giving Wyze Customer Support a call at: (206) 339-9646
Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT
Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

3 Likes

The V3 is 5V USB powered.
The Outdoor Cam is battery powered.

It’s not bait and switch because you believed it was powered by battery. Wyze never advertised that.

2 Likes

BUT if YOU want it powered by battery just buy a “powerbank” and a suitable enclosure.
I’ve V2’s running on powerbanks from the size of an AA battery (cost was ~ $7, and 5Ah I think) to the size of my Samsung A20 but thicker (cost was ~$30, puts out ~ 25 Ah). Mostly I use 10Ah units that cost about $15. For enclosures I like ziploc baggies.
My V2’s were getting about 13 hours of usage on a 10Ah.

As of this writing there is a V3 on ebay for $75.