Use Wyse Cam V2 as Back Up camera for trailer connection

wyze-cam

Bought a Wyze Cam v2 to try and use as back up camera to hitch my 1 ton van to trailers.
Took a little head scratching but here are the steps. Using Galaxy S7.

1. turn off wifi on your phone.
  2. turn on mobile hotspot.
  3. Open Wyze app.

Your camera will connect automatically. I center the Wyze Cam on the rear doors, directly above the hitch and turn the image 180 degrees so the video will show the van hitch ball location as it approaches the trailer. Works as well as my old camera setup without the hassle.

Nice! :slight_smile:

Thanks. A $20 camera that works for trailers is pure gold. And the imaging is better than the expensive ones.

Ride Safe,
Ron
Hyper-Lite
Box 272
Hillsdale, MI 49242
888-770-1010

Should share a video of that new use for the camera.

Will do when the weather warms back up a little

Did you run long cable from charger/adapter inside truck cab, or use some sort of battery to power the cam?

Did you use wifi from your home/vehicle or did you use hotspot from your phone?

If you are at home with strong wifi there’s no need to use the phone. I use the Hotspot on my galaxy s7 all the time as a habit since I hitch and unhitch my trailers away from home a lot. I think the Hotspot has better signal and produces less lag time.

I use a 6 foot USB witha little 2200 mh battery. Battery lasts a long time. I recharge it with the truck. No need to get fancy since the whole outfit is portable and small. Only takes a few seconds to focus the Wyze Cam. I don’t use it as a safety camera. Just makes hitching a trailer to my 1 ton extended body van MUCH easier. In fact I like it better than the expensive set ups I 've used in the past.

Very nice. any pics available? Thanks.