Use Android Studio for Wyze on PC

Nice, it tells you right up front. Thanks.

The emulator isn’t really designed to be used this way, it’s meant to tedt your own code.
Other emulators are easier to use but come with their own downfalls like ads.

This topic was about Android Studio. Thank you for your irrelevant response.

Thank you very much. It wasn’t obvious for me :slight_smile:

How friendly. You don’t think you can sideload APKs within the virtual phone created in Android Studio? You’re welcome.

Why be rude? You may want help again some day.
@Customer’s advice applies to Android Studio. He even mentioned it in his response.

1 Like

I will always want help, but not from people who lose focus! It is better for someone [MOD EDIT] when they can’t stay within the topic - unless they have a better solution!
I got the right answer and I am able to load the Wyze app on the VD!!

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Who even spoke about sideloading anything??? I wanted to have the Play Store, but my mistake (because I am encountering Android Studio for the 1st time) was selecting a phone emulator that did not have the Play Store. I did not say I wanted to sideload anything. Plus I am technical enough to understand tech matters, and to admit my deficiencies.

Kindly refrain from addressing me in the future. Your posts have been both rude and lacking in self-awareness. This is what you said, and I provided you a viable solution.

This isn’t a typical forum. We folliw guidelines. You agreed to them when you signed up.

1 Like

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

4 Likes

The Wyze app works flawlessly under Bluestacks. There are lots of game ads, but not when you’re using an app. It’s free. It works without any configuration.

Bluestacks only shows you ads when you’re looking at the desktop, not when there’s an app in the foreground. Further, there are tools out there that allow you to root Bluestacks, and you can do anything you want to it, including removing the ads.

Try Bluestacks. That works well for me, and includes the Play Store.

Welcome to the forum.

Bluestacks is well known in the forum. Someone posts the suggestion about once a month. :slightly_smiling_face:

Although @crash23 has only confirmed to me that I want nothing to do with Bluestacks. Ads are bad and apparently Bluestacks is infested with them.

I am comfortably using Android Studio, with Pixel 4 installed as the VD.
The thing I have about it is that it’s taken 12GB on my hard drive - just the base Android Studio and that one Pixel 4 emulator.

It’s a big download at over 900 MB and is said to be sluggish on modest performance PCs. The idea of a foreign app using a Google logon (standard emulators) isn’t really worse than running them on a non-Google brand phone, IMO.

No major ads in BlueStacks from what I’ve seen. My only problem with it is speed of initial loading, and my Wyze Cam v3 won’t show the “Time Lapse” button in the “More” menu, while (oddly) other Wyze cam versions do.

Does Android Studio work on Windows 10 computers that have enabled Hyper-V?

I tried Bluestacks and it is a catch 22. If you use Bluestacks it says you have to disable Hyper-V. If you use Bluestacks Hyper-V it will start Wyze but will not connect to camera (tech support says it won’t run Wyze).