[Updated 02-13-20] Data leak 12-26-2019

Mine was doing that also. I just closed app and entered my info in again and then asked to send me my verification text :woman_shrugging: but never received one unfortunately :rage:

Yes the service is bogged down, it will get better as people get logged back in

1 Like

Oh I know. I’m just impatient haha and a puppy at home I’d like to keep my eye on right now but can’t

I know that situation, if my wife cant see her puppy. :grinning:

3 Likes

It’s not bogged down, it’s completely down. No one is getting a response. The error message is a bad default.

I should also mention - I’m not suggesting anyone at Wyze has done anything malicious nor negligent. They sell a great product at an incredible price point - with their exponentially growing user base, it was only a matter of time until they became a target.

Kudos to the @WyzeTeam for their transparency efforts, as demonstrated here in the forums. Further, despite the grief it caused its user base, revoking keys WAS the first step that needed be taken; revoke all access, identify and respond to the threat, then begin allowing access. I respect that, for legal reasons, they are likely unable to provide the answers to my questions.

6 Likes

Please enter a valid number

I agree it sounds confusing, but it seems to be the same one everyone’s getting, so you shouldn’t be worried too much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got an email from Wyze about the login issues, but no mention of the alleged breach. I guess the logic is to not scare everyone if it turns out to be a false alarm? Not sure I agree with that stance, but at least it’s something, I guess.

1 Like

add me to the list

You can only spoof outgoing numbers. DID’s are assigned to LEC in which carriers routes calls to proper LEC.

The security risk of using sms is it can be intercepted through sniffing. Unless the provider uses a secured sms and the recipients uses a secured sms app like signal.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club :grin:

The email said to unlink from Alexa and then re-link your account to Alexa how do you unlink from Alexa I don’t even see wyze showing up

Good news, the “hackers” cannot get in either.

3 Likes

Thank you Wyze for taking the situation seriously! My family can always rely on you guys to make everything right! Unlike ring and nest, they just shrug off any report they get. I will always have a spot in my heart for Wyze Cam!

3 Likes

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have reset the auth tokens, just not all at once. It could have been planned better. It’s bad optics to lock out 2fa users because some random, anonymous person makes unverified allegations. Hopefully they learned some lessons today on how to handle this better in the future.

I just posted the process over here.

3 Likes

Why were we not sent an email the moment a suspected breach occurred to allow us to secure our equipment (WIFI, cameras, bulbs, etc.) and our passwords and phone number?

2 Likes

The real security risk of SMS is someone simjacking your account and just getting the SMS messages sent directly to their device, no sniffing needed. All it takes is basic user information and some social engineering. Hopefully carriers start taking it seriously and requiring better user authentication to change SIM cards.

3 Likes

Now getting verification screen and txts but says not valid