[Updated 02-13-20] Data leak 12-26-2019

All I wanna know is when will it fixed?? 2FA user

1 Like

@WyzeDongsheng

On August 22nd, Wyze posted in these very same user forums that they were aware of a system wide issue resulting in users being unable to access the app, and subsequently, their cameras. Wyze declares this an issue with maintenance; I suggested in the very same forum that it sound more like a DDoS attack. I received no response at that time. @UserCustomerGwen - I believe it possible that you in fact were handling a DoS attack, setup as a Trojan horse. I’m sure all resources were attacking that issue, and suspect that, with your guard down, your network was infiltrated at that time.

Please provide further information to your user base as to the nature of the technical issues encountered on August 22, and the response your security team took at that time.

Even if the data breach is true, it doesn’t sound like something that would give someone access to your account or feeds, as far as I can tell. However, if you use the same passwords on multiple services and your password has been breached by another service, hackers can sometimes cross-reference those. If you fit that description, it would be a good idea to change your password to a unique one, and you can also enable Two-Factor Authentication

3 Likes

I am in Houston Texas and I was just now able to pair my light plugs with Alexa

I had to re-log back in about 30 minutes ago and just now was able to pair my light plugs back in.

1 Like

I reset password and am back in and able to view

I can’t access my account because They are not sending a verification code and when I try to uninstall the app and go back in it said invalid phone number after I put my password in. Unbelievable!

Same here. It’s really frustrating

I’ve done that multiple times but when I try signing in it says invalid number or some crap

1 Like

My app logged me out sometime after 8:15 p.m. Eastern standard Time. A code was never sent to my phone number to log in so I decided to change my password. (Forgot password). I received an email with the verification code but after putting in the code the app tells me that the verification code is incorrect. So I decided to make a new account with a new password… And that’s how I was able to get to the forum and find out that there might be a data breach?

I also saw the app trying to log into hualai.com, a domain that is parked… Who are you sending all our logins to?

Did that to me. Just reset it from the website itself. The code you receive should work but after all that I still cant login

1 Like

I created a ticket on this, then I saw this huge post.
Tells me invalid number most of the time when I know the password is correct.
When it does go through to “Enter The Code”, the code never gets texted.
I have not uninstalled the app yet,
I hate to do that because I will lose all my settings.

1 Like

If you just give it some time you should be able to log in.

1 Like

You will not lose your settings by uninstalling the app because your settings are stored on the cloud

1 Like

That worked. Thanks for the tip Madison. Appreciate it greatly!

1 Like

The app on your system is trying to log into hualai.com? not wyze server?
If you’re correct, that means the app’s integrity could be compromised.

1 Like

I believe that Hualai is related to Wyze’s manufacturer somehow, but I don’t know for sure.

1 Like

Great to see that wyze is taking the proper steps to resolve everything. Thanks for being transparent a just everything!

This is definitely the kind of company I want to give my money to.

2 Likes

No getting verification codes but still says invalid number

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

Tons of users are trying to log in at the same time, which is overloading the 2FA service. Just be patient. Trying over and over again actually makes the problem worse.

7 Likes