[Updated 02-13-20] Data leak 12-26-2019

I’m so shocked!! Wyze mention awhile back they have sold over a million cameras, talk of a breach… They shut down and have everybody log in again while they investigate the claims, and a few of the dozens of members got their panties twisted cause they can’t log back in immediately (sarcasm intended) I’m SO SHOCKED!

6 Likes

That made sense when I wasn’t receiving the code, but “invalid phone number” is concerning. Hopefully whatever the problem is gets cleared up soon.

2 Likes

I got 5x 2FA codes all the same.

Can’t log-in but the app(ios) still shows event notifications.

I’m not sure it still stores data on microSD card.

Can’t log in

This is why 2FA based on phone SMS is easy to implement but a bad idea, if they just had authenticator like Google or authy this wouldn’t mean being locked out of my account. Sigh.

14 Likes

Whew, glad to see im not the only one. Patience I guess…

Thanks for the info . I just began having trouble and was getting a little concerned . I’m feeling better now knowing you are aware of it . Thank you for your hard work on this :+1:

1 Like

Are people able to view our homes and devices? How long before we get into our accounts?

1 Like

Same here !

I got home today and the plugs were not working.
I went ahead and disabled/re-enabled the devices on Alexa - no luck
I deleted the plugs and brought them back on - no luck

I can log into the app and manage my plugs there, but the alexa functionality is no longer working. when I tried to add them in alexa, I cannot even see the Wyze brand as an option.

Are we hoping the functionality makes it back to Alexa? I mean it is the only reason why I got the cameras and plugs.

1 Like

This is interesting. I was in my app checking a notification when I was kicked out & couldn’t log back in. Now that I cannot like the rest of you, how long will we be locked out before we can get into our accounts? How long before we are able to determine if our camera’s are actually monitoring or not?

2 Likes

I can get into the iPhone/iPad app but all cameras and event history is gone. It’s like a brand new app. My dad has the same issue, but for some reason he’s still getting camera alerts, he just can’t view them.

I can log into my cameras and manage my light plugs
it is the alexa functionality that went away - when I tried to remove/re-pair the light plugs with alexa - WYZE skill and the devices are not in the available options.

1 Like

Wyze logged everyone out of their accounts for security measures. It may take a while before we can log back in. Wyze will keep everyone posted with an update in this thread.

1 Like

Are people able to view our homes and devices? How long before we get into our accounts?

Still getting an error message

Still not able to log into my account. I hate hackers :rage:

2 Likes

FY I
I have disabled and then re enabled my Alexa link and all my wyze devices working fine with Alexa

1 Like

Are you kidding me?? Your (our) data was just left out there unsecured? If that’s the case every single person needs to jump ship. There is absolutely NO excuse for this if true. Will be monitoring closely, but the provided screen shots in the blog, especially the 8:45pm update, certainly don’t tell a nice story.

Time to go cancel my lock order I guess. This sucks.