Amie here. I help run the e-commerce business at Wyze. We are aware of the issues going on with orders placed on wyze.com and Wyze app, and are very sorry about any frustration that it may have caused you. We definitely hear where you are coming from and have been working on improvements behind the scenes, which the Community team has asked me to share with you all.
To give you some background, we onboarded a new fulfillment partner in mid-April to manage the astronomical volume we saw from the Wyze In Response program. Because we wanted to act as quickly as possible, we weren’t able to do a full system integration with the partner. Instead, we’ve had to rely on manual processes to ensure that orders are dropped to them and that shipping numbers are sent back to us (think: lots of Excel spreadsheets & emails ). It took us about a week to figure out the correct processes & SLAs we needed to set up and we are still trying to iron out the wrinkles.
Slow shipping methods
We understand that there is an urgent need for Wyze In Response products. We made changes mid-way through last week to upgrade shipping for all Wyze In Response orders to USPS First Class (1-3 business days). Previously, we were shipping Fedex SmartPost.
We have also set up a tool that allows us to monitor the delivery status of packages. Previously, we didn’t have insight into orders after they had left our warehouse. Now we’re able to know which orders have been delivered, are lost, stuck in transit, etc. We plan to launch an exception management process around this, meaning that we want to be more proactive around when deliveries are delayed. This also gives us insight into potential delays that Fedex, USPS, or UPS may have so that we can be more accurate with our delivery messaging.
Aged orders that haven’t shipped or have tracking information
- We now have a process that monitors any orders that haven’t shipped out within our promise of 3 business days and we are actively working to clean up all orders. Admittedly, we had a ton of aged orders from April that had no status updates due to the warehouse and process changes. If you have an order that hasn’t seen an update in more than 3 business days, please type in your order number and tag @WyzeGwendolyn.
Backordered KN95 orders
- [ETA as of 5/18/20, we started shipping out all KN95 backorders this past weekend and have additional inventory on hand.] We are currently backordered on KN95 masks until next week (week of May 17). Replacement orders will also be shipped out then. There was a longer hold-up at customs that we hadn’t baked into our ship dates and we apologize for the delay. If you no longer want to wait for your KN95 order, you can request to cancel here:
- We have plenty of the no-touch thermometer and the 50-count disposable mask in stock. Those orders will still ship in 1-3 business days.
- We are working to improve our communication via email - especially if there are any delays with your order. Now that we have more monitoring processes in place and have migrated to a new email platform, you should expect to receive more proactive emails going forward from us.
Duplicate charges/payment issues
- Errors in the checkout process on wyze.com may trigger duplicate charges and other payment bugs. These issues are directly correlated with traffic on our site. This is a mission-critical bug that we’re working to fix and we apologize to anyone that received a duplicate charge. In those cases, please reach out to Wyze Customer Support so we can get the charges resolved.
Thank you as always for your patience and for taking the time to read this. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please feel free to provide below. The Community team has been sharing the feedback from all of you and we’re continuing to work on improving our processes.