Update on Wyze In Response Orders & Shipping (May 12, 2020)

Hi, everyone!

Amie here. I help run the e-commerce business at Wyze. We are aware of the issues going on with orders placed on wyze.com and Wyze app, and are very sorry about any frustration that it may have caused you. We definitely hear where you are coming from and have been working on improvements behind the scenes, which the Community team has asked me to share with you all.

To give you some background, we onboarded a new fulfillment partner in mid-April to manage the astronomical volume we saw from the Wyze In Response program. Because we wanted to act as quickly as possible, we weren’t able to do a full system integration with the partner. Instead, we’ve had to rely on manual processes to ensure that orders are dropped to them and that shipping numbers are sent back to us (think: lots of Excel spreadsheets & emails :grimacing:). It took us about a week to figure out the correct processes & SLAs we needed to set up and we are still trying to iron out the wrinkles.

Slow shipping methods

• We understand that there is an urgent need for Wyze In Response products. We made changes mid-way through last week to upgrade shipping for all Wyze In Response orders to USPS First Class (1-3 business days). Previously, we were shipping Fedex SmartPost.

• We have also set up a tool that allows us to monitor the delivery status of packages. Previously, we didn’t have insight into orders after they had left our warehouse. Now we’re able to know which orders have been delivered, are lost, stuck in transit, etc. We plan to launch an exception management process around this, meaning that we want to be more proactive around when deliveries are delayed. This also gives us insight into potential delays that Fedex, USPS, or UPS may have so that we can be more accurate with our delivery messaging.

Aged orders that haven’t shipped or have tracking information

• We now have a process that monitors any orders that haven’t shipped out within our promise of 3 business days and we are actively working to clean up all orders. Admittedly, we had a ton of aged orders from April that had no status updates due to the warehouse and process changes. If you have an order that hasn’t seen an update in more than 3 business days, please type in your order number and tag @UserCustomerGwen.

Backordered KN95 orders

• [ETA as of 5/18/20, we started shipping out all KN95 backorders this past weekend and have additional inventory on hand.] We are currently backordered on KN95 masks until next week (week of May 17). Replacement orders will also be shipped out then. There was a longer hold-up at customs that we hadn’t baked into our ship dates and we apologize for the delay. If you no longer want to wait for your KN95 order, you can request to cancel here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdQddmv06qFnlh-7DJyeUgeKCBCrnSjuEQpjw6qBAs2FRNA7w/viewform

• We have plenty of the no-touch thermometer and the 50-count disposable mask in stock. Those orders will still ship in 1-3 business days.

Poor/Slow Communication

• We are working to improve our communication via email - especially if there are any delays with your order. Now that we have more monitoring processes in place and have migrated to a new email platform, you should expect to receive more proactive emails going forward from us.

Duplicate charges/payment issues

• Errors in the checkout process on wyze.com may trigger duplicate charges and other payment bugs. These issues are directly correlated with traffic on our site. This is a mission-critical bug that we’re working to fix and we apologize to anyone that received a duplicate charge. In those cases, please reach out to Wyze Customer Support so we can get the charges resolved.

Thank you as always for your patience and for taking the time to read this. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please feel free to provide below. The Community team has been sharing the feedback from all of you and we’re continuing to work on improving our processes.

29 Likes

Thank you so much Wyze for listening to users and alway working to make the experience for users better!!

4 Likes

Thanks, Amie! :slight_smile:

@UserCustomerGwen thanks for reaching out to everyone!

Order 002032716 - April 22. Would still like to receive if possible.

thanks,
Dennis

1 Like

Well put, and much needed info. Thanks!

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen I would prefer to receive this order if at all possible. Thank you!

So far with my 2 orders I’ve had no issues.

Thanks for the update; wish I’d read this yesterday.
I got the free Wyze Bulb with my order this morning but was surprised not to see the masks.
At least now I can have a bit of a laugh about it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t feel too bad Wyze, I haven’t gotten an ontime order from ANY Shipping Carrier in the last 3 months… UPS just cancelled their ontime guarantee pledge yesterday. into the foreseeable future. Fed Ex, Forgetaboutit…

6 Likes

I have never been able to get either of my cameras working?? AND on
3-31-2020 i made a purchase, never received confirmation, but the
funds were taken from my account? HOW do i check the status of my item??

Hi Diane, welcome!

As for getting your cams up and running, you might review this online guide and see if it’s any help.

And about your unconfirmed purchase check this topic and comment there for more help as needed:

-peep :slight_smile:

1 Like

See there? The Kumbya is still working… :panda_face:

1 Like

LoL, hold on, Parents without Pandas is calling…

Hi, on two of my orders, I received masks, but no wyze bulbs. i do not see any other tracking numbers related to these orders. I created tickets to look into this issue few days ago. I haven’t got any response. hopefully you can look into this sooner.

Blah blah blah. Allow me to summarize. We screwed up. Our excuses will not solve the problem we created. We are working hard to fix things but it is hard cleaning up such a mess. We hope to make it through all of this. Thoughts and prayers.

4 Likes

@drivard, I’m sorry. It looks like your order was declined but that you ran into the system glitch preventing your refund from going back the way it’s supposed to. I’m going to escalate this to the team so this gets resolved. In this case, I’d recommend placing another order.

@Charlemagne, would you like to give me an order number so I can check on yours? :slight_smile:

@dianef02, I’d recommend contacting customer support for both of those issues. They’ll be better equipped to help you than I am. Sorry about that!

Wyze Customer Support

@krisbee, would you like to give me your support ticket numbers?

@sardog107, that is a fairly accurate summation, yes. We’re sorry for the impact that this has had on you.

@UserCustomerGwen
ORDER # 002227012

Last update:
April 30, 2020, 8:45 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
SEATTLE, WA 98168
A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 8:45 pm on April 30, 2020 in SEATTLE, WA 98168.

Since this is a KN95 order, I’m going to check to see if it’s already been addressed in any way. If not, it’s probably lost and I’ll generate a replacement for you.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen
Thank you for the update. I will wait to see the refund in my account before deciding to re-order.

Dennis

1 Like