Update on time lapse down issue

We are pretty close to fixing the time lapse download fail issue. We are working on finalizing the test on the latest version. It will be unveiled to the Alpha and Beta testers soon. So sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patient.

11 Likes

Thank you!!
I’ve put several of my V2 cameras back on 4.9.4.33 and a pan on 4.10.3.55 so I could do time lapse.
I’ll be happy to be able to test the new Beta, I’ve a few cameras not doing anything,

I knew you guys would be on this, so I just reverted to .33 for the time being. thank you for the heads up!

The recent time lapse bug appears to affect the output file’s conversion from .h264 to .mp4 so luckily if you haven’t formatted the SD card you can retrieve the incomplete files in the /time_lapse folder and use a video editing or conversion program to manually convert them.

2 Likes

It was easier to revert to .33 than pull the cards and jump through hoops every time I wanted to download a time-lapse sequence.

1 Like

ditto

How do I revert to 4.9.4.33, or any previous firmware version, so I can avoid this bug and get time lapse working again?

Here are instructions on how to do it.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022732931-Wyze-Cam-Firmware
This is where you get all the non-beta firmware versions

1 Like

kdw took the easy way out and went Beta.

1 Like

One thing I just noticed on time lapse… If I am. viewing a cam on two devices simultaneously and try to download a time lapse it will fail. Stop viewing on one and download on the other and it works fine.

Interesting observation…hmmmmmm

Just ran 2 time lapses. One 9 hours on aV2 and one 3:15 on a pan. Both ran flawlessly.
Ran both at night and downloaded early morning when the load on my router is lighter. Don’t know if that matters but I have noticed problems at times when traffic is heavier.

The net appears to be a factor for me also. I had one 3+GB download fail, then I tried it again later just for s&g and it worked.
I’ve now changed app version and it worked for a 4 hr/3sec sequence which had failed 3 days ago.
/edit - update - successful completion and download to my AmazonFire a 15 hour/3 second interval time lapse that created a 1.21 GB file!!!

1 Like