Unreliable recording to SD card

I have 3 V2 cameras and one V1. I set them up with 64gig memory cards. (per advice on this forum) I formatted the cards when installed and they worked and showed the right amount of available storage. They have been running a few days and I looked at the recorded video and there was only short amounts on each camera. Range from less than one hour to nearly 12. All have been in place and untouched for days. I checked through the app, I have not taken SD cards out. I checked available storage and it shows the card is there and space available

It is set to record continuously

Also I just scrolled back over a few days on one of them and found a several hours block of recording a couple days ago.

Do you have it set to record Continuously or Event Only?

set to record continuously.

I can only suggest trying to format the cards through the Wyze app. Since 32GB is the max officially supported card size, I’m not sure you’ll be able to get much help from support on this.

Are there any specs the card needs to meet? I just got random bargain pieces. I formatted when I installed.

I added to description that scrolling back there are blocks of video.

When you say “formatted when installed”, I’m assuming you mean formatted in the camera via the Wyze app.

The card should be Class 10. See this for full info:

https://www.wyzecam.com/what-size-kind-of-microsd-cards-pan/

Yes formatted through the app. The cards I got were listed as class 10. On the card is says 10mb/s if that is the same thing. Here is what I bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-64GB-Micro-SD-SDHC-Flash-TF-XC-Memory-Card-Class-10-FREE-SD-Adapter-Included/202270877001?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I see at the bottom of the page you linked to it says 64 can have problems. I had read elsewhere on this forum that people were doing 64 with no issues, so I chose that. I need the HD and max run time. It is being use in a small shop to fight shoplifting.

Yeah, it does say class 10 on the eBay page. But based on the price and lack of name brand, makes me wonder about the quality. Good quality Class 10 cards from Samsung and SanDisk cost about double that.

That said, if you’re using the card to detect shoplifting, why not set it to Event Only? The card will last much longer and you won’t have to watch video of nothing happening. A 32GB card would probably have plenty of storage in Event Only mode.

My worry is having the camera miss something due to not enough motion to trigger or any other fail to trigger issue. Am I wrong to worry about this?

Notwithstanding the speed ratings, not all SD cards are up to the task of continuously recording HD video. This article has a good explaination

https://www.carcamcentral.com/guide/recommended-sd-cards-avoid-sandisk-ultra-cards

[“not” added by Moderator to correct intent of post]

The Event Only is very good at picking up motion of anything the size of a human, so I really don’t think it’s a worry. And it will reduce the stress on the card (see post below) by less frequent writing (especially all the hours the store is closed). I think you should try it out. And probably get a higher quality card, 32GB being big enough if you’re only recording events.

Thanks guys. I took your advice and got 32gb transcend cards and put to motion only. I turned up the motion sensitivity. Some are looking straight down onto a countertop. It needs to activate on the movement of a hand. It has only been a few days, but I think it is working as I want. Now I only wish it was easier to look through the recorded video through the app.