Hi - just discovered Wyze cameras today and wondering whether the new outdoor camera will suit a project I’m involved with. A volunteer group installs Barn Owl nest boxes about 12 ft above the ground in remote locations without accessible power, and would like to record video from inside or outside the boxes without disturbing the birds . Some questions before we pull the trigger on purchases:
- does the camera require Internet access to commence the Travel Mode?
- will the camera record onto an SD card while in Travel Mode?
- can the camera record Time Lapse while in Travel Mode?
- can the camera download from the SD card to a phone, either by wireless or wired?
- is an Internet connection required to download the SD card?
- If SD download is not feasible, then we could probably swap two cameras in order to minimize disturbance to the birds. Any “gotchas” about simply swapping two cameras at a single location? (e.g. Internet registration)
- is the time lapse frame rate adjustable?
- does recording at a lower frame rate in Time Lapse mode increase the battery life, or is it governed by the length of time it is powered-on?)
- any idea of the battery life for time lapse?
Thanks for any information you can supply.