Unable to subscribe to light version

After repeated attempts to subscribe to cam plus lite and and a lengthly discussions with tach support, I am unable to subscribe to this version. I have in the past subscribed to the cam plus version, but after several months of paying for the service I recognized that I was not getting the unlimited recordings I was paying for. Money spent withuot the promised service. Canceled the plus version and attempted to goto the lite version but the system will not allow it. No more Wyze for me.

How are you trying to subscribe to CPLite? App? Website?

To subscribe to CPLite, I always recommend doing so directly thru the Wyze Website using your browser. I am not a fan of the in app store because it processes thru the Google App Store.

3 Likes

There should be no issue signing up for Cam Plus Lite. Just go to the services.wyze.com web page as @slabslayer suggested, log on with your Wyze ID, then add the service to your account.

When it suggests a cost, you can choose what you want even if it is manually entering $0.

Then assign the service to your cameras in the app under Account tab > Services > Cam Plus Lite > + Add Cameras.

Note the cameras can’t be assigned to other services, like Cam Plus. If they are, you need to unassign those licenses first. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I did go through the web site at services.wyze.com and followed all directions but the system would not complete the subscription. It made no difference whether I entered $0, $2, or selected one of the options for the amount. I further called support and the person could not get anything to work. Again, a simple thing like that make me loose faith in Wyze products and support.

What browser did you use? Might be worth noting if one doesn’t handle the site correctly. Do you have any other browsers to try?

I use Chrome and maintain it current.

But how do you unassign the cameras from the other licenses?

I am also unable to add my cameras to the Cam Plus Lite Plan.

I get the error message: “ this device is bound by other service”.

I never had any paid plan. Only a free trial plan that just ended a few days ago.

1 Like

Normally you would go to Account tab > Services > [service name] and change the license from the camera’s name to ‘unassigned’. But as you have a nonsensical error message (“this device is bound by other service” when you have no other services), I’d call Support and see if they can sort it out:

Customer Support

There are many ways to contact Wyze. Their phone number is (206) 339-9646, or you can chat with an agent or create a ticket on the support site.

They’re open for support between 4 am-8 pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8 am-4 pm PT Saturdays and Sundays. Closed Easter Sunday.

2 Likes

This is very similar to the issue I’m having and support has been unhelpful:

Thank you Newshound for your reply!

I finally bit the bullet this weekend by resetting all 9 cameras, adding them back into my Wyze account, refused the free trial offers by backing out of the apps, signing up for Cam Plus Lite for my account on the website, and went back to the Wyze app and was able to finally add my cameras to the Cam Plus Lite plan.

Now I finally have my 12 seconds cloud video recording back!

1 Like