Unable to perform network setup of Wyze Robot Vacuum

Good news. I restarted everything in my house and on my phone again. The install worked this time. The little guy is vacuuming now. I hope y’all get it going.

Great to hear, but what did you restart? I restarted my modem and router to no avail. Turned off cellular data capability on the iphone, closed the Wyze app and reopened.
EDIT: spoke too soon. Connection succeeded. Maybe it was something on the Wyze end after all…
I also turned on Low Data mode option for the home wifi, but I don’t think that matters.

Did you restart your phone?

For those that get it to work, post away. Even though you got it to work like I did, the answers may help someone else.

I was having the same issue This fixed it for me I am using iPhone and a Linksys router . After following the steps of rebooting and turning celular data off . Keep data off number 2 on the first part where it asked you for the network name and password , sign in , then it asked you to connect to the vacuum signal con esta to it but make sure you forget your wifi signal and then let it connect to the vacuum after that it connected and I was able to name it and than you can connect the wifi on the phone and now it works no issues

Wifi connection setup failed on both my current Nest Wifi mesh, and my old TP Link Archer C7, which has separate SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

In both cases, I noticed the vacuum can actually connect to the router (its MAC address showed up as one of the connected devices on the router status page. So I seriously suspect the problem is not on the vacuum but Wyze’s backend servers.

I used a router that only uses only 2.4 band. I was able to go right through the setup with ease. So the issue is any router that combines 2.4/5.0 bands and doesn’t allow the user to pick just 2.4. Those who have restarted their routers and phones were lucky to join the 2.4 band before the 5.0 band kicked in. I was able to plug in all my Google routers after a successful setup of the vacuum and it’s running like a charm now. Now to map out my floor to keep Herbert (the vacuum) from getting stuck under my coffee table.

They really should make a coffee table book about coffee tables.

A potential solution to people who have the combined network like myself. Go to the furthest corner from your router, put a blanket over your head or something. If the signal gets blocked enough, you should be able to force the 2.4ghz network to kick in.

1 Like

ANSWER!!! I had a huge issue with this at first. I have an xfinity modem/router which is dual band. Could NOT get the vacuum to connect. It would say “connecting” for hours. I took it to work to see if it was my internet and it connected almost immediately. After some other comments on here I tested out the 2.4ghz vs. 5ghz issue. What I did was took the vacuum into the farthest away room in my apartment so my phone and the vacuum were forced to use the 2.4 connection as it was too far for 5ghz. It connected almost immediately.

So if you’re having the same issue, take your phone and vacuum into the farthest part away from your router and try to connect that way. Hope this helps someone else! I felt so lost!!

3 Likes

YES THIS WORKS!!! I live in a small apartment and ended up having to walk to the end of the driveway for it to connect. You just need to be really far away from your router if your router runs both 2.4 and 5 ghz bands. I waited until I only had one bar of WiFi signal and then ran the setup and it worked almost immediately. The vacuum works great once it is up and running. Could not believe how much it picked up after just running our other vacuum 2 days ago. This thing is awesome!

I’ve had the same issue as all above with my Airport extreme router which is also 2.4/5. i started connection on my Galaxy Note 10 and had connection failure every time I tried. Then we tried connecting to the Vac from my wife’s Iphone and it connected after second try. Then she shared the device with me via App and once I accepted it on my Galaxy, it also instantly connected. This is very user unfriendly setup but I hope it might help someone as a workaround. I also hope they will fix this issue in the next firmware patch.

Can they add 5.0 MHz via software? What I mean is, does the vac have the technology to use the 5.0 MHz band of WiFi?

I’m also struggling to connect with a WRT3200ACM running OpenWRT v19.7.5 will try some of the suggestions in this thread.

EDIT: Tried all the suggestions in this thread, none of them worked. :angry:

I’m about ready to do the same (set up a dedicated router) since I cannot get the vacuum to connect to my WRT3200ACM at all.

I’ve tried everything in this thread just like everybody said and nothing has worked. I’m also having the same issues setting up the wyze bulb and wyze plug. The into thing I’ve ever gotten to work that requires it’s own SSID is the outdoor cam and that’s because I’m using LAN connection for the cam router.
Anybody else have luck with the wyze team responding to this issue?

Even I’m facing the same issue. It’s the most basic functionality and so many are facing this issue. I’m wondering how well this gadget has been tested.

Could someone from Wyze team please help provide a solution which can be used by not so tech savvy person as well.

I ended up doing the same. Set up a SEPARATE device as a WiFi AP just for my vacuum. It worked but I cannot recommend this as a solution for most people.

In general I have supported Wyze for many years but I am SOOO fed up with trying to get the vacuum commissioned . When it asks for the password to the Wyze wifi, Is that the password to my wifi or is there a magic pw which is not shared with the user? But that doesn’t make any sense if it is a separate wifi?
So where do I find the password???

1 Like

That is asking for your home WiFi password

That’s your home WiFi.

Hit next and then go to your WiFi settings on your phone and find the new network the vacuum creates. Click on it and wait for it to connect. Then go back to WYZE app and it should say connecting.

If you don’t see connecting and you have an iPhone on iOS 13/14, you might have to turn off the option for private network.

If your WiFi router they combines 2.4 and 5.0, then look at all the suggestions on this thread to help you overcome that issue.

Good luck.

1 Like

Fwiw, per tech support there were no patches or updates pushed from the Wyze end. I did forward them the link to this thread so I would expect by now they’re aware of the issue.

My router has both 2.4/5 GHz but my ios devices are set to 2.4, so I don’t know how the vacuum fails to connect to the 2.4 if the Wyze radio only works for that band. It shouldn’t even search in the 5 GHz band.