Unable to load monitoring settings

I just reset the service and reset up everything. Once you close the app the error pops back up. Same as before. (Or after an hour or so with app open it will error)

1 Like

I did a full system reset after the update today. It worked for about 20 minutes. Then I left the Home Monitoring tab, and went back and it was back to broken. I have a ticket open, and the myotonic a canned response…

1 Like

Same issue for me. First it would refuse to update firmware using an Ethernet connection. Took me a couple hours to find out it works perfectly fine if and only if you set up without Ethernet over wifi. Keypad would refuse to pair if it was closer than 3 feet for some reason… I have been able to reproduce these behaviors consistently over 3 different times. Then came the white screen of death. I’ve tried clearing app cache, resetting and setting up in every possibly combination I could think of. Got super excited to see a firmware update today a week after getting it which doesn’t seem to resolve any of these issues at all. Their cams are good but HMS seems to be a total POS. Don’t even want to bother opening a ticket if it’ll get closed like the rest of y’all

I would continue to start a ticket if one has not yet been started/closed.

The only thing that may be an issue is needing the next app update, if that does not fix the issue I don’t know what is causing it.

My daughter reports the HMS is still working, overnight. I did set up a separate SSID on a 2.4Ghz channel on the AT&T router. I did this to fix an issue with the outdoor camera setup that occurred after the new router was installed. This was prior to the HMS issue appearing.

Did she close the app or turn off the phone and reopen the app with success?

I have been having this exact same issue. I checked updates today and there was an update for the hub. I updated, shut my phone off, signed out of Wyze, turned my phone back on signed back into Wyze and I continue to get the same message. Which update are they are referring to? Shouldn’t it be the hub? Corn fused🤪

it seems the issue may not be with the hub but possibly with the app itself. I have not been able to get ahold of anyone to get additional information or status.

I would hope the next app update might fix the last app update was 4 weeks ago, which is about the time this issue started to happen, at least for me.

I have been having the same issue as all of you but contrary to others, my experience dealing with Wyze Support staff has been pretty good.

I opened a ticket explaining the situation. Within a few minutes I got a reply acknowledging the issue and asking me to try to reset it (I had already done that and worked while the app was open, once you close it and reopen then the issue is back). They asked me to do it anyway and immediately submit a log from the app as well as my type of phone (iPhone 12) and the iOS version (15.1.1). You get a number when you submit a log but I needed to tell the customer support agent the log number so they can link it to my ticket.

I did all of that and again within a few minutes got a reply back. This time they thanked me for the log and explained that they know the issue is affecting to multiple people and are working on it. They did not provide a timeline and she indicated that most likely the solution will come thru an app update rather than a firmware update.

Without me asking and because of the inconvenience she extended my subscription for a month. I can confirm that they did so. Good news was that they know about the issue, they acknowledged that it is real and that they are working on it. It seems that, for some of you, the experience dealing with them was different but I guess I can give them the benefit of the doubt, at least for some more time.

I can confirm that I can arm/disarm the alarm with my keypad and that all entry, motion and climate sensors work as expected. I really prefer the app though.

That was my experience a little over 3 weeks ago. and then the ticket was closed while they continue to try to solve the issue and find a fix.

My daughter just replied that she had closed the app and restarted it. Service is still active.

Glad it’s still working for her. Hope it stays active.

Maybe mine will stay active after closing the app one of these days.

Like some of the most recent posts, I updated the Sense Hub with the latest firmware release, then exited the app and shut off my phone. I rebooted my iPhone and attempted to access Home Monitoring from the app … Still No functionality! I hope the techs can resolve this issue soon but I’m no too optimistic as this has been going on for about 3 weeks now. Very frustrating!!!

I have been experiencing this for well over a month and a half. I have sent in two logs, been on the phone with the techs for probably a total of three hours, communicated with their chat folks multiple times and I updated the hub a couple of days ago with no success. Very very very frustrating

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

I unfortunately ran into this same issue while troubleshooting a new “feature” that both myself and email/phone support thought was a bug. Thanks to @Hillyjd suggesting to delete the hub from the homescreen. That seems to be working (for now) though it was pretty annoying and time consuming to go through the full setup process and re-add all sensors. My first poor experience with Wyze after 2 years, so hopefully this gets resolved and nothing else major pops up.

Update: a few hours later and the white screen of death has returned. This sucks. I submitted another ticket and log.

Here’s part of the responses I received on my ticket:

We are aware of an issue with the Wyze Home Monitoring service settings and are working diligently on a resolution.

Thank you for submitting a log! This greatly helps our engineering team as they work to better improve our products and the Wyze app.

My team here in support does not review your log or follow the progress. We’re working on developing a process so that we can track these logs on our end, but it’s still very much in progress. We hope to have the ability to receive more details from your log submissions sometime in the future.

This request will be closed because we don’t have anything further we can do at this point.
This request will not be re-opened later.

Please keep an eye out for firmware and app updates. If the problem persists, please continue to submit logs with the new app and firmware versions.

Here’s the response to my ticket:

We are aware of an issue with the Wyze Home Monitoring service settings and are working diligently on a resolution.

Thank you for submitting a log! This greatly helps our engineering team as they work to better improve our products and the Wyze app.

My team here in support does not review your log or follow the progress. We’re working on developing a process so that we can track these logs on our end, but it’s still very much in progress. We hope to have the ability to receive more details from your log submissions sometime in the future.

This request will be closed because we don’t have anything further we can do at this point.
This request will not be re-opened later.

Please keep an eye out for firmware and app updates. If the problem persists, please continue to submit logs with the new app and firmware versions.

Gosh……I got that same message two weeks ago… I’m glad they’re still diligently working on it.

[Mod Edit]

1 Like

Also same message from almost 4 weeks ago for me.

Maybe the new code to fix the issue is stuck in the supply chain backup?

1 Like

I was just told best of luck. I’ve got a descent investment in the alarm and it’s useless.