Unable to Delete Device

When I delete device for the outdoor plug sockets only one side of the two sockets has deleted. The other side will not delete and is still listed on the home screen of the Wyze app. I have uninstalled the Wyze app and reinstalled it and the socket is still listed. Is there another way to delete devices in the android Wyze App? Thank you to anyone who replies.

1 Like

Strange. What happens if you now re-add the plug and re-remove?

I am unable to re-add the socket that deleted. Only the socket that remained on the home screen after previous deletion is re-added and I gain full use of it. For some reason the previously deleted side will not re-add now. When I re-move the socket that was available it stays visible on home screen but I lose full use of it.

I bet if you made a second account and added the plug set to it it would remove from your main account. Then you could probably add it to your main account again and have full access. I’ve done this before with other devices that I couldn’t remove.

I loaded the app and created a second account on a different phone. Tried to add the plug and got stuck on the “connecting” step for 30 minutes before I canceled the add. During the 30 minutes the device went from blinking blue to solid blue. I then went to my primary phone and logged in to my primary Wyze account and found the socket that would not delete was now connected to the plug and “on”. Even though I could not delete the one socket I could disconnect it from the Wifi. The socket was disconnected and off on my primary phone and primary account before I tried adding device to second account. Unfortunately the other socket did not add so I still only had one of the two sockets available. I asked Support if they could get into my account and force delete the plug and they said they could not.
I appreciate your suggestion and your time.

I’ve got the exact same problem

I asked Wyze to replace my outdoor plug. They said they would. If you find a way to fix it please let me know. It looks like the one socket is permanently on my home screen. Good luck.

Having the same issue.

And the remaining socket on the app doesn’t work reliably

SAME issuse. Can’t delete plug, lost plug 2. Cant delete or reinstall. help PLEASE

Any update from Wyze on this issue? It’s very annoy and effectively makes your outdoor plug unusable

2 Likes

SAME problem here as well. It all started because I set a “schedule” to turn plug 1 on at 8pm and off at 8:10pm as a test to see if it worked. When I tried to change the schedule the app didn’t have one set, yet the plug turned on 8 and off at 8:10 which got annoying. I have tried all the suggestions above, but nothing works. Now I can not use the plug because it wont let me re-install it.

Please someone help, I would really like to start using the plug again.

Same problem here and gonna see if the one remaining outlet is reliable until Wyze comes up with a fix on this bug.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing the same issues. Wyze Support Team… please assist.

Problem now seems to be resolved. You can delete Outlet 2 from your app.

Thanks Wyze

1 Like

How was this resolved for you? I’ve had no luck solving this one on my own.

I could not resolve this. The item was still under warranty so I asked Wyze to replace it and they did but I could not delete the old outdoor plug/socket from my home screen. About a month later the old outdoor plug/socket was deleted from my home screen some how. Someone responded to my Forum thread and said it was resolved so I guess someone went into my account and cleared it out because I could not delete it on my own.

1 Like

Yeah I have the same problem! I have no way to delete one side of the plug. I was trying to reconnect it to the app during the AWS outage ( I had no idea that was happening) and now the outdoor plug has NO firmware listed… and I only have one side of the plug. Can’t delete it- Been going back and fourth with Wyze support- they have no idea what to do. I am going to ask them to delete my account and rebuild it without the bad plug, then return it to Home Depot where I bought it. I’ll update if I can get it fixed that way.

HEY!!! i just got info from WYZE Support (Napoleon)
He had me create a new account (I used a different email) and add the outdoor plug, it took a few times to reset and add, but I was successful at adding it and then upgrading the firmware.

Then I logged out and logged back into my main account and then reset the plug (took two or three times - pressing both buttons for +5 seconds) the App found the plug , added it and now it works again!

Good luck and I hope you can try it-

2 Likes

Thanks Platerider. Not sure if your message was for me but I also added a new account with different email but was unable to add and reset the outdoor plug. I’m glad you were able to add and reset.

I asked Wyze to replace outdoor plug and they did thankfully. Sometime later Wyze also cleared the old outdoor plug from my home screen so all is good now.

Take care and again thanks. I’m glad you got yours to work.

Hey kathyangel, yes that was for you and anyone else who had that issue. I’m glad you got it resolved too.
Take care!