Unable to change or set future start time for time lapse or schedule recording on WOC

I don’t think this being widely reported problem since this WOC uses a battery.
I assume users are not using this setting or trying to because it is a drain on the battery.

My Wyze Ticket 863260.

Going back over the process of elimination list-
Last worked September 29th did not attempt until recently after the latest firmware update, I tried to schedule a future recording.

:white_check_mark: WOC has latest firmware

:white_check_mark: trouble is on iPhone 14 and later on iPhone 6 and later.

:white_check_mark: Camera and base have working memory. 32gig,

:white_check_mark: Time lapse scheduling does work with other cameras. NOT the WOC.

:white_check_mark: If the start time is NOW, recording and time lapse works and will start recording Immediately. Proof that it is able to record time lapse and memory is good.

:white_check_mark: WOC does not accept the ability to edit the Now option or change to a custom future day and time to start recording.

:white_check_mark: The edit window showing the calendar does not pop up when trying to select future time.

Through this process of elimination, I hope this helps isolate the problem to the WOC function not able to activate when selecting the option to set future time and date.

1 Like

Can anyone provide screen shots of the device being used with firmware on device of the WCO scheduling setup.
Here is a couple of one that works and one that doesn’t, same iOS 1 on iPhone and one on iPad

On iPhone 11MAX Pro iOS 14.2,

On iPhone 7 Plus iOS 14.0.1

On the Wyze Pan cam Wyze Cam V2 the schedule calendar will come up with the pop up.

And able to edit, just doesn’t with the Wyze Outdoor Cam

On IPad 5 Generation iOS 14.0.1

The schedule calendar comes as a scrolling calendar like it did before the update of Wyze and iOS did before October release of iOS 14.

On older firmware that still allows the scrolling for setting time still works for pre setting future time.

Yet the calendar works for the Cam V2 and Pan Cam, not the WCO, what is the difference in the code that stops the WCO calendars from popping up when trying to click the date to activate the pop up window to schedule?

With the same firmware on iPhone 7 and IPad 5 gen. iPhone is not able to get the pop up and the iPad shows a different screen to a schedule.

Happy to report that today the scheduling is ow working for the WCO on iOS 14.2 Max Pro.
Now when clicking on custom it is the scrolling option that comes up, instead of the pop up calendar window.
A big thank you goes out to the support received to resolve.
Hopefully others are able to now get the time lapse scheduling to work.

1 Like

So glad everything is working!

1 Like