Two Wyze Sense Hubs in one Home?

Am I able to configure two Sense Hubs in one home on the same network?

1 Like

Yes, you can connect multiple sense hubs on one network. At this time, you can only use one sense hub and location with the home monitoring service.

2 Likes

So I can only connect one right now? Your reply is a bit confusing

Regards,

Bryan Buck
{Mod Edit}

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

You can have multiple hubs connected to a network at any time and you can use the sensors for rules/automations.
If you are using the Wyze home monitoring service, you can only connect one hub to the service. Only sensors paired to that hub will work with your home monitoring.
You can still have other hubs, but you can’t use them for home monitoring.

1 Like

ok thanks

Regards,

[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

I purchased the HMS starter kit almost a year ago, and I just purchased another starter kit for more sensors. I’d like to use the hub as another sound output device when a door is opened since it seems like there are almost zero sound output devices available even though many of my Wyze devices have speakers. I’d also like to add on the extra 6 months to my current subscription.

4 Likes

Not likely…the sensors are tied to the hub. So even if you manage to setup a second hub the sound for “Tunes” will only play on one.

1 Like

I want to have the hub chime on my second hub as well. Would be nice to have a way to do that even if it was a rule or something. (I have one hub upstairs and one downstairs.)

4 Likes

I agree- it seems weird that more devices can’t be set up to chime when doors are opened or closed

I don’t know why you can’t pair them just like you would have sensor.

Like integrating the doorbell chime and other hubs? It seems they really didn’t think through the sense v2,

1 Like

Can the second hub (not connected to the HMS) still see all the sensors so there is a door open chime on both hubs (one hub connected to HMS and second hub NOT connected to HMS)

1 Like

No. Each hub only sees its own sensors. Only the hub hosting the sensor would chime.

1 Like

I had a similar problem. I wanted to have Wyze monitoring in two separate homes. I bought the second subscription and Wyze sense hub and sensors and discovered that the only way to have two active systems was to purchase the new system using a new email address. Your Wyze account is tied to your email and not to the system’s location and only one hub can be tied per account. It’s a bit awkward not being able to have both accounts open on one phone at a time but it works. And given the functionality at this price it’s worth a little hassle.

1 Like

Have one of the hubs tied to your email and the other one tied to your Wife’s email. But if the sensors can be tied to only one hub and email, you would need two sensors on that door…

I wish they’d let two (or more!.. home, office, hunting cabin) hubs exist on the same account.

1 Like

That’s what I did Bob. Two emails, one for each house. both residing on my mail app. A bit of a hassle - but it solves the problem.

1 Like