Two cameras not working

I’ve had Wyze cams since right after they came out. Have two V2’s that have just stopped working. I cannot get them to do anything, no lights, nothing. Is there any way I can revive them. I still have a portfolio of cameras but would like for these to be of some use also. Do they have a life span? Am I doing something wrong? Any advise or help would be apprecaited.
Iris

Have you tried resetting them? Hold the setup button when they are plugged in.

2 Likes

Do you have any working cams (lights, at least?) You might try using a power adapter from one of those on the dead cameras to see if they perk up. You may have a bad power adapter.

5 Likes

How many v2 together do you have? others are working?
Are they being used indoor or outdoors? (under covered or in the open?)
Do you know the firmware versions ?
Which app do you use ios or Android? version.
Your power brick and cable checked ok? check for bent pins broken cable and corrosion
do u use sd card? remove it and try.

You can try reset and re add back to account.
Have you enrolled to CamLite?

submit Logs to Wyze.

2 Likes

Thank you SO MUCH. It never occurred to me that it might be a bad power adapter - and apparently I have TWO bad ones. I have a number of working cams and just took one down and tried it. Both cameras work, neither of the power adapters that came with them work (both old).

I’m no better off since I had to take one camera down - but at it’s my least used one, so not terrible. Now I need to see if I can replace the power adapter. Thank you again, I wouldn’t have thought of that.
Iris

2 Likes

Thanks for your idea. I had tried that.
Iris

1 Like

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I was going to try your ideas once I tried the power adapter from another camera.
Iris

1 Like

I haven’t been able to watch the stream on mine for about a month or so and I have had no luck with their support. What happened to Wyze.