Turn on Wyze Bulb with text

I’m wondering if it’s possible to have your Wyze bulb turn on when you receive a text. I’m on a volunteer fire department and we get a pre text before the pagers go off. Currently I have to tell google to turn on the bathroom light/kitchen light/garage light. (I can’t do this in a group because these are grouped in other groups and I’ve not see where you can have a group of lights in another group.) So it would be nice if when I got this text it would turn on those lights. I’ve tried doing it with Wyze sense but the animals trigger it through out the night.

1 Like

When you say you tried with a Y since you’re talking about the motion sensor I take it. Have you tried moving the motion sensor higher? I don’t believe they have a text option at this point.

Correct. I’ve not been able to currently get the sensor in the correct positions in all the places so it hits me but not the animals. I know they don’t have that option yet just wondering if someone has done something on ifttt or something else. If know one gives me a solution for the texting I’ll add it to the wish list.

1 Like

You say you use Google have you looked into Alexa. Because I can do lights in different groups in Alexa for instants I have my laundry room on a motion sensor so when I go through the door lights come on. And that’s group laundry room. But I just checked and I can do laundry room number two and I can use the same bulbs and have them in a separate group. So maybe you need Do it through Google or try Alexa. I have zero experience with Google so I cannot give you any help there. I’m sure there’s someone here who has tons of experience with Google who might be able to help you with that.

Use IFTTT…

2 Likes

Perfect. Thank you!!!

1 Like

I’ve had no use for IFTTT yet. But I’m going to have to learn how to use it because I think at some point I’m going to need it’s advanced functionality. That was awesome how you came up with that so quickly. I’ve tried using it before and it seems complicated to me but I’m sure I just need to spend some time with it. But good job for you for coming up with a solution for him.

It was really easy. Just follow 2 steps in the IFTTT create that when you get an sms from a phone number it turns on a wyze bulb.

Any idea or option on that to only run that process between 11 pm and 6 am?

I don’t think so…I wish IFTTT would allow multiple"if’s"