Turn Off Multiple or Group of Cameras when Home

I was using IFTTT to turn off one camera when I got home. Now I need to turn off more than one camera and it will not allow me to add an additional camera. Any ideas how I can turn off and on multiple cameras based on me coming home and leaving home.

did you look in to alexa? skill and routines

@kroq83 is correct- Alexa will handle controlling Wyze devices single or in groups.

1 Like

I am unable to enable Wyze (or Ring) cameras via Alexa. All cameras are grayed out in routines. How are you able to enable or disable cameras with Alexa?

1 Like

did you skill wyze?

1 Like

Yes the Wyze skill is linked and I can use it to view cameras on my Echo Show and my FireTV’s so I know it’s working. I also use Wyze motion and contact sensors in Alexa routines with no issues.

ask alexa to find device?

It found them, just can’t do anything with them at least not in routines.

1 Like

i am look at reddit for info

Maybe de skill it and re skill it.

1 Like

Would love to hear from someone that has it working, preferably with a screenshot so we can see which path they took. @tomp you made it sound like you have it working?

1 Like

Mine Nest and Wyze cams works. The Wyze senor has routines. Fire stick will show Both camera’s

My Wyze contact and motion sensors work but while Alexa recognizes the Wyze cameras it does not allow them in routines in any way that I have figured out yet.

1 Like

When you skill do you sign in to Wyze account? Once I skill and ask alexa to decover everything show up. Alexa is only look at the wyze app to get the info.

1 Like

Again Alexa did find every thing. The only thing I can’t do is turn a camera on or off via a skill.

1 Like

Just to show what mine alexa say.

I look in to the wyze app account and work with say alexa linked.

This what I found. If you look at the Alexa skill reviews. Feb 15 people are having problems

Most recent

https://www.amazon.com/Wyze-Labs-Inc/dp/B07FKZD276/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=wyze+skill&qid=1582657351&sr=8-1

1 Like

I think you are misunderstanding me. I see the same thing. What I am saying is I cannot use cameras in a Routine in Alexa.

1 Like

I think there is a problem in the handshake. Alexa skill and Wyze app because everyone on the skill app is saying the same thing. it not working. Because I started the handshake skill in Jan I don’t have the problem.

I don’t know who to point finger at yet because I am working. In your screen it say unsupported but why is still unknown. Doing web search Alexa unsupported come up to be a person oversea where Alexa is not supported.

1 Like

Ok just so we are comparing apples to apples. In Alexa create a simple routine that turns the camera, any Wyze camera off. As you can see below Alexa has no trouble seeing or handshaking with the cameras. ONLY USING THE TURN ON OR OFF FUNCTION FROM A ROUTINE.

Emphasis added to highlight my point not to indicate shouting.

1 Like