This video provides a step-by-step tutorial on setting up your WyzeCam.
Here are some tips to try if you’re having trouble setting up your WyzeCam:
- Verify that the operating system for your smartphone is 8.0+ for iOS or 5.0+ for Android.
- Make sure that the protective plastic film has been removed from the camera lens.
- Make sure you have your WiFi network name and password handy. The WyzeCam only works with 2.4GHz networks. If you have a dual band router (both 5GHz and 2.4GHz), make sure you enter the 2.4GHz WiFi name and password during the setup process.
- Check the WyzeCam’s LED indicator light status: After plugging in your WyzeCam, look at the LED status light on the back of the camera. It will start as solid yellow, then after approximately 20 seconds should change to flashing yellow. (Note: If the light stays solid yellow, it may be because the camera is not getting enough power. Make sure you are using the included power adapter and cable. If you are using the included power adapter and cable and still seeing a solid yellow light after 20 seconds, please contact our Support team at email@example.com.)
- Follow the steps in the Wyze App to continue the set up. If you’re stuck on the QR code scan, please move on to the next troubleshooting topic.
- Make sure your router security protocol is set to WPA or WPA2. The WyzeCam does not support the WEP protocol, which is outdated and less secure.
- Try unplugging the camera from the power source, and resetting your router.
- When entering the WiFi password, – First, check to make sure the WiFi name entered is for the 2.4GHz WiFi network. If not, tap on the WiFi name field and type in the correct WiFi name. – Then, use the “peek” function to reveal your WiFi password and make sure you entered the correct password. – If you use the MAC filtering/white-listing function, temporarily turn it off to see if it makes a difference.
Wyze Account Email:
WyzeCam MAC Address:
*Note – your WyzeCam MAC address can be found on the bottom of your WyzeCam and should start with 94:51:…. Your Wyze account email address is the address that you use to log into your account on the Wyze App or the WyzeCam website. If you do not yet have an account, please write ‘no account’.