How to Perform Troubleshooting Tips on Common Issues

Let’s talk basic setup first. You may hear your camera say something other than ‘Ready to Connect’. Here is a guide for that.

“Cannot find the specified network name.”

This can happen due to a wrong SSID (WiFi name) entered, or the user is attempting to connect to a 5GHz network. Please verify the SSID and password is correct, and that you are connecting to a 2.4GHz network.
“Cannot connect to local network.”
This can happen when the Wyze Cam is unable to acquire the IP from the router. It is most often due to an incorrect password or a special router setting. A quick troubleshooting method is to verify the password and restart your router.
“Network encryption method not supported.”
This is due to the security protocol on the network being WEP instead of WPA/WPA2. WEP is an outdated security type we do not use because it is less secure. In most cases you should be able to update the security type on your own to WPA/WPA2, or your internet service provider can help you.
“Setup Completed”
Wyze Cam was able to complete the setup process, please finish Setup within the Wyze App.
<h2 style="text-align: center;">Cannot Setup your Wyze Cam? </h2> <!--more-->

Please Note: We are only compatible with 2.4GHz secure WiFi network signals. The Security Protocol needs to be WPA/WPA2, we are not compatible with WEP Security types.

Connection Failed Message

This can happen for a variety of reasons and can be difficult to narrow down.
  • Please verify that the SSID (WiFi name) and Password is correct. Keep in mind the fields are Case-Sensitive.
  • Please verify you are attempting to connect to a 2.4GHz network. It can help to make sure your mobile device is also connected to the 2.4GHz network just for Setup of the Wyze Cam.
  • If no previous steps helped, please perform a Factory Reset.
  • If the issue persists, the camera may be defective, please contact Wyze Support.
Cannot Scan QR Code

Here is a video that shows how to scan the QR code and offers some tips for common issues: QR Code Scan Video

• Turn off any bright light sources in the area (such as a nearby lamp). Make sure the lens of the Wyze Cam is clean. (no fingerprints)
  • Hold your phone's screen steady in front of your Wyze Cam, and move /adjust the distance slowly. Hold still at the new distance for 5 seconds to give your Wyze Cam time to adjust to the new distance.
  • If you a using a tablet (larger screen), hold the tablet and Wyze Cam a bit farther apart so that the Wyze Cam can see the entire screen of the tablet.
  • If no previous steps helped, please perform a Factory Reset.
  • If the issue persists, the camera may be defective, please contact Wyze Support.
<h2 style="text-align: center;">No Longer Connecting</h2> <!--more--> <p style="text-align: left;"> We sometimes see connection issues with the Wyze Cam, the cause of this can be hard to narrow down, which is why we provide tools for figuring it out. In most cases we recommend trying a factory reset first, and a RouteThis test if the issue was not resolved. Below are a few common connection issue scenarios.</p> Q: I can connect to my Wyze Cam at home, but not when I am away from home?
A: This can be due to your WiFi network not allowing data to be sent outside of that network, please perform a RouteThis test and send the test result code to your Support Ticket.
Q: My camera gets stuck at loading 1/3, 2/3, or 3/3
A: This can be caused by multiple issues, we would recommend as a first step to restart the app and the camera. If you are still having that issue, you can try a factory reset on the camera. If the factory reset has not worked, please perform a RouteThis test and send the test result code to your Support Ticket.
We recommend using this email template below for the fastest service.
Hi Wyze Support,

Here are my RouteThis test results - (insert code here)

My camera is having this connection issue - (brief explanation)

I did/did not perform a factory reset on my Wyze Cam.

1 Like