Trash panda eating my bird seed

:wink:

1 Like

Close up cam inspection. This :raccoon: is snacking on apricots that fell off the tree, the possums seem to like them also.

1 Like

Nice piece of gluten and JIF peanut butter

Smart raccoon got the bait and the crunchy ant topping.

Next bait I will go back to a toilet paper tube with peanut butter inside that will be attached to the far back of the cage with baling wire.

That :raccoon: looks like he just got out of the pool?

You mean our doggie pool that is about 6 feet from the trap?

This v3 did not detect any motion. Didn’t see anything in the pool other than a few bugs.

Well if you look at the fur of the critter on the second video it sure look like wet fur to me even the front legs, neck and side. Maybe he has his own pool, or just took a shower ?

I will have a raccoon in the trap tonight.

That is a pill bottle with peanut butter inside. It is attached to the top of the trap with baling wire run through the pill bottle. The raccoon will have to trip the trap to get to the peanut butter.

Previously I used a tube from a roll of toilet paper but the raccoon got to it from outside the trap.

Almost trapped my dog

Then I put chicken wire over the back and sides of the trap so their paws couldn’t reach through.

Leave the raccoons alone for a day, I want to see some real action with a Skunk :skunk: in the cage. All the trapping tips I have seen say to put a large plastic bag. burlap bag or some thing to cover the cage just in case you catch a skunk or critter that can get it’s paws through the mesh. When the raccoon trap was in my yard it caught 4 cats before the raccoon. I am glad the trapping guy showed me how to release and reset the trap. He actually put the entire trap in a large very strong bag like you can buy stone in, just the entrance was not covered and open to view. His trap was about half the size of yours.

The forum bot asked if I was sure I wanted to revive this topic. Silly sod, of course I do. :slight_smile:

Raccoon did not visit last night. Patience…

I’m assuming you got that at Amazon. Can you send me or post the link for that trap. I’m trying to find a good one.

I think you need to ask @TomG where he got the trap, probably Home Depot.

Maybe your missing raccoon was at school learning how to do this :rofl:

This is the exact trap. I added chicken wire to the rear so the raccoon couldn’t reach in from the outside and get the bait.

[Advantek 20050B Catch and Release Live Animal Trap, 2-Piece Value Pack, Raccoon and Rabbit Traps https://a.co/d/4z49HPB]

The trash panda did try to get the bait from outside the trap last night. Never went in the trap. It was raining so the video is psychedelic

Came back later and kicked the WOC off the wall.

Oh, yeah, you post psychedelic and do you see Phelonius impugning your sobriety?

I say, no, ladies and gentleman, I say decidedly and definitvely not. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the link.

TP was mad that he couldn’t outsmart you so he kicked the camera. Stupid TP.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: Another :raccoon: Hater . I’m sending the troops over to do some work on your house.

I bought mine at Rural King. If you have one local you can save about $20.00

https://www.ruralking.com/animal-trap-2-trap-value-pack-20050

Send your troops. It would be like sending Ghengis Kahn to battle the current US Army. Way outgunned.
:saluting_face:

I’ve pretty much eradicated the squirrels from my back yard. The raccoons eat voraciously and go through a pound of sunflower seeds in no time.

1 Like

In case you haven’t already seen video of our bandit that I posted back in Dec 2020, here it is. We thought it would be cool to place the bird feeder in the mulch and this was the result. :flushed:

1 Like