Trainable Sound Sensor- Water sensor, doorbell, washer/dryer, fire alarm, CO

So, I like to see a sensor that is just a microphone array that listens for noises.
You could train it to hear anything in your house and it would just sit around and listen for those tones. Then you could buy any old water sensor, doorbell, washer/dryer, fire alarm, CO detector, and get alerts for any of them from one device. Put it in train mode, set off your alarm, record it as what it is.

[Mod Edit]: Title Modified to Enhance Search Clarity.

Welcome and Cool idea @fastm3driver!
Remember to vote for your own #wishlist item if you’d like!

1 Like

A sound sensor that sends you notification when smoke alarm goes off.
Most people all ready have smoke detectors at home this device will simply notify you it went off.

You can get notifications and video recording if you set it up on your camera(except outdoor camera). I do think a separate device would be good for places you don’t want a camera.

1 Like

Sure, well you are not always home so you could call the fire department or police. You could also have it turn on your lights as an additional warning to light your exit.

You would also probably have better mic’s that were designed to listen for these noises. Like a washing machine ending it’s cycle. or a sump alarm another camera might not be near. Should probably be cheaper too.

1 Like

I don’t need a separate device for this, the cameras already send push notifications for fire and CO detector alarms.

I would like to see a door bell notification from the cameras so I know if someone rings my doorbell when I am out, and records video.

A trainable alert for other sounds would be great for detecting my flood alarm or other devices.

I don’t have cameras inside the house and the smoke alarms are inside

I would love to have a device that can detect volume in a home, such as fire alarms or CO detectors or glass breakage. Additioanlly, if it detected noise levels that would be disturbing to neighbors, that would be helpful.

I would also like a smoke alarm or CO detector combination made for my security system. It sounds like one has already been made but I cannot find it in the store. If anyone knows where to buy one for my wyze security system please let me know. Thank you Chris

A dedicated listening device that can be mounted near an existing smoke/CO detector to trigger an alarm, if it hears the detector go off in my unoccupied home. I won’t ever put a camera inside my home, so it needs to be a stand-alone listening device. Ring alarms offer this and it is a critical piece of an monitoring system. It would turn my unmonitored existing smoke/CO alarms into smart, monitored alarms.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged for consistency in grouping similar requests. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for this wishlist request: Wyze Sense sound detector

Yes, please! As long as it includes working as a glass break sensor - I would REALLY like to see a glass break solution from Wyze!

I for one, won’t put cameras inside my home, so any camera functions for hearing a detector sounding inside my house are worthless to me. In fact, I have a hard time imagining what good they could possibly be outside my house too.

I wonder if one unit could be engineered to detect both detector alarms AND glass breaking sounds? I put glass break detectors on my last alarm system in another home and they were VERY difficult to test. Loud noises, recorded glass break sounds, nothing else triggered them except actual glass breaking. They do make an electronic tester for alarm professionals to use to test them, but I found that shattering a glass bottle inside a garbage can I was holding to be MUCH cheaper. But it had to follow almost instantly someone thumping an actual window in the house. Glass break detectors are tuned to a combination of low-frequency sounds (the first impact of something hitting a glass pane) and the high-frequency sounds of glass actually shattering. :wink: