Top ten annoyances with WYZE

“For me the Wyze watch is the biggest failure. I’ve abandoned it.”
100% Correct…They are Carpet Bombing with a slew of products for Cash Injection. How many stumble to this form and Post with issues to Wyze Products,I do get PM’s on saying Thanks they found this form. Every Company has issues…But Wyze is not Publicly commenting on them…It’s there Lemming that do the dirty work.

What’s wrong with the watch I have the model 47 and works just fine and the wife has the small watch and she loves it

Please read this Post…I would not be wearing the 44mm watch. This was also removed (not sold) as to the Rust and Battery issues( Yet Wyze would not comment to this).
https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-watch-44-exploded/183910

Thanks for the info must be bad battery or charger,3rd party does all battries and we do not know the true stories behind it,in the eyes of the law its all here say there’s no proof

Thanks for your assessment of Wyze’s current driving forces and business model. From my viewpoint, it makes perfect sense as the reason they are abandoning their old, formerly loyal customers. They will probably end up losing more long-term and repeat business as they bite the hands that originally fed them and grew their business.

I’m not ready to give up completely on them yet, as I am retired and relying on Social Security for my income, so I need a “cheap” solution to most of my electronics needs, and Wyze may still sometimes meet that need.

At least, I give them credit for allowing complaints and dissenting comments on this forum. I only hope that they are reading these comments and will respond in a positive way that will benefit all concerned parties, so that they can keep enough customers to stay in business and not become just another former electronics supplier who didn’t properly listen to and serve their customers, and slowly went out of business.

1 Like

Over change of Battery results in Battery leaks (mixture) to Contact Terminals…Look at the pictures and you can see. The watch should have been Recalled. This is why Wyze Removed the watch(from site) and did not inform anyone. Never saw an Email or posting on this form to why.
https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-watch-44-charge-terminals-rusting/183528

I here that I miss the Radio Shack Fyies Electronics

It’s not all bad. Their cams are still great, and the video door bell also very reliable, their handheld vacuum is also ok.

Just that they went after too many products at once and have not payed attention to quality and prices creeping up. Also their marketing strategy just sucks. Please stop the dumb videos and promote your things more elegantly. Cheapens the experience!

1 Like

Agreed that almost all their videos are awful and (much much much much worse) simply not funny while they desperately try to be. They have used the worst, cheapest writers.

And if that’s a top 10 annoyance I guess they’re doin’ all right. (I haven’t found any of their non-camera products worth buying either. Except the KN95 masks.)

The hardware is great. The software is horrible. Try using the sleep feature if you think it is fine. On my phone the bottom of the page is off screen and you can’t even scroll down the page. Very broken. Sure the watch keeps time, but that’s not the reason to buy a smart watch with all the advertised features. It doesn’t live up to the description. It could with some software work, but there doesn’t seem to be any willingness to put in the work even to fix something as simple as page scrolling.

2 Likes

I almost lost all faith in Wyze and their products.

When they first started, they were upholding their commitment to customer satisfaction however, as we’ve all noticed, they’ve dropped the ball hard when it comes to software quality and support for existing products.

I recently came across a video posted by wyze that tries explain the lack of support for existing customers and products.

I’m hoping this was just a hard time for Wyze (like many other businesses have faced last year) and that they will truly return their focus to their existing users and products especially the people that stuck with them from the beginning.

While I’m not willing to start purchasing Wyze products again right now, I will be happy to bring my business back to Wyze once they’ve demonstrated that they are putting more resources into fixing the issues with their existing products and services.

2 Likes

I see nothing wrong with the software, we have it on Samsung Galaxy 10+,tablets, iPad iPhone 8,12 with no issues found

Well it might be phone model specific, but I’m running the latest version of iOS and like I said the sleep page won’t even scroll to show off screen data. Does the sleep app accurately detect your bedtime and wake time? One of the main features I was looking for was the sleep data. My previous watch did a good job at that feature so I know it can be done. I’m not looking for miracles, just continuous improvement until the features work.

Have you used the iPad in Landscape Mode? For example, in Landscape ‘full time’ with a keyboard attached?

If not, put your iPad in Landscape, and use the app without turning it to Portrait mode

SJ

I don’t understand what you’re saying. On my iPhone/iOS 15.1, the sleep page doesn’t have any off-screen data, and thus has no need to scroll. Nonetheless, it does scroll horizontally between Today, Weekly, and Monthly, but that’s not related.

I think the screen on my phone must be smaller than yours. Try it on an older iPhone or an iPhone SE which have relatively small screens.

I need to clarify what you’re meaning by ‘portrait’ view. This is my Arlo front doorcambell (on older Echo Show).

Are you saying that Wyze doesn’t show up like this.

Wyze marketing member 1: how can we improve the buying experience for our customers?

Wyze marketing member 2: let’s streamline the shipping charges. Let’s send out an email and say all our pricing will include shipping costs as part of the price shown for all products.

Wyze management: fantastic, the email will come from my account to show commitment. Proceed!

Wyze accounts team member: sorry what was that?

3 Likes
  1. I’m pretty happy with the flat rate (I honestly don’t remember how much it was) for the 99 Cam+ / year deal. Seems like a lot of value.
1 Like

I too, am frustrated with Wyze Cam not being able to auto correct the orientation of the screen when my iPad is in landscape mode, as opposed to portrait mode. My iPad is also “mostly permanently” attached to my Apple Magic Keyboard, so it’s always in landscape mode. Wyze is one of the few companies whose software for iOS is behind the times with this problem. For some who don’t understand, the page is catered to portrait mode only, and when the iPad is turned sideways, the page stays in place and you have to turn your head sideways to read/see the screen.
So come on Wyze, please get your programmers to make this simple change to please us iOS iPad users.