Top ten annoyances with WYZE

As I was leaving feedback to three different messages in the new Doorbell announcement, I get this:…

Really?.. I’m ‘shadow banned’ until someone replies to me? That’s a bit… odd.

@UserCustomerGwen what is the reason for being stopped at 3 replies in a forum?

SJ

@nixhome2020
This is a setting in the forum that is in place to control spam.

1 Like

Understandable, but too bad you can’t turn it off for known non-spammers… As I went through the thread on the new doorbell, I was reading from the first post, and commenting on the way to the last post.

Being stifled at comment 4 was a bit annoying.

I guess that’s all the doorbell pro is worth of… 3 replies from any given user.

Perhaps Wyze doesn’t want too many unfavorable comments on the new doorbell that is a pass for those that would of preferred to see a few additional features than what made it into that particular product offering.

Thank you for the education that anyone who post 4 replies in a forum is considered a potential spammer.

SJ

1 Like

Unfortunately there is no way to apply it to only some users that I am aware of, it also only cuts you off at 3 consecutive posts, after another user comments you would be able to post more. I know Wyze wants to hear both the positive and negative comments and is not truly trying to silence users.

I will take your feedback to the Wyze team and see if they would consider making any adjustments, but cannot make any promises.

2 Likes

It’s actually not a problem at all - just edit one of your existing posts to add the content you need. You can quote others as needed and reply to multiple people in the same post.

Really a lot better for other readers than scrolling through multiple posts by the same person.

1 Like

May be related to this:

I agree with most of these. The app needs lots of work, I run the WYZE app on my iPad and on my M1 Mac.

Not being able to swipe left and right to move between different cameras when in full screen is just annoying. All the controls vanish which is also annoying in full screen mode and it has to revert to portrait mode to make any changes??? why? - It’s actually easier to just let the device UI adapt to the orientation rather than force the UI to a specific orientation view.

Needs a major CX overhaul, because there are some big problems with the app when navigating and just finding stuff.

The menus have buried most of the settings that should be front and center with a simple tap. The ability to customize the UI exposing only the features you want would be great.

Try TinyCam.

A company with stand out quality products for reasonable prices, who puts out constant updates albeit some of those were to make it more difficult to modify the equipment purchased.

Besides no official API access and no local network access to Cams without an internet connection. My biggest Wyse peev is the following. Out of the top 3 features on the wish list, two of them are listed as maybe later. Out of the top 20 items, 65% of them are listed as maybe-later. Is this status controlled by the Wyze team? Does this follow the “Core Values” or does it appear that maybe the Wyze Team has lost sight of what was important to them.

From the Wyze.com website: “It’s our goal to become the most customer-centric smart home technology company. We’re passionate about providing customers access to high-quality products at great prices. We relentlessly keep costs low by partnering with the world’s most efficient manufacturers. We cut out “channel fat” by selling directly from our own website. And, unlike our competitors, we don’t seek a high profit margin over our cost base, passing on all of these savings to our customers.”

Hunh. That is sure what it looks like.
I have the Wyze app on a dedicated device (a cell phone). I have the V3 camera outside of my office window. I can see the street. I can see cars go by. I can look at the feed in the Wyze app. I can check the on-screen time to the second. I can see the car go by in the Wyze app after about 30 seconds.

Do you think maybe that there’s a time warp in front of my office window? Maybe it sees 30 seconds into the future. That would be really handy if that’s the case.

OK, maybe not REALLY handy. Maybe it if was something like a DAY’s time warp outside the window. I would set up a data feed and watch the stock market a day in advance, and then would retire early!

Please explain the effect, because, if it’s the time warp thing, I’ve got to find some way to exploit it.

There is a delay, but I have never seen anywhere near that much of a delay. As a test, I pulled up a V3 camera that overlooks my desk at home while I am at work. On my desk is a large display digital that syncs time with WWV, so it is accurate within a couple milliseconds. On my wrist is a watch that syncs with WWVB every night, so it is also with 10 milliseconds. While watching the clock on my desk, the time display is less than one second after what shows on my watch. I have seen as much as a couple seconds in the past. That camera is also streaming via RTSP to my Blue Iris server.

In full disclosure, the camera at home is within 6 feet of an enterprise grade access point, and all the wired connection from the access point to the router is gigabit. The internet service is gigabit (up and down) fiber. Here at work, I am about 12 feet from a high grade WiFi access point, and the wired connection from the AP to the router is 100 megabit. The internet is just under 50Mb/s (up and down) cable.

I’ll trade ya!

I have also used TinyCam or whatever it is. That cut the lag down to about 15 seconds, but that’s variable, and 20 seconds is pretty long.

I appreciate that the V3 has both mic and speaker, but with the current performance, those are the equivalent of “extra cup holders” in the third-row seats of a vehicle that normally has just the driver and front-seat passenger. :smiley:

Well since no one seems to have addressed it I will.

It sure does appear that Wyze has totally ended their association with giving any updates to the Wyze Band. As a matter of fact it is no longer even listed in the “shop” section on their app.

One must wonder if that is the wave of the future as they move on to newer things and leave the old to remain just a memory and relic to those that have purchased items from Wyze.

I still have an original band and love it. Seems so much better then a watch that does not perform half of what the band does.

Makes me hestitant to add to my current Wyze inventory of camera’s, (various models) sensors that are now outdated etc.

Always good to look forward but don’t forget from whence you came and what made you what you are today.

1 Like

They are listed in the shop section under Health & Life style . “BUT” they are listed as out of stock.

On my app (android 11 Samsung S10E) it does not appear under health and lifestyles. It shows the 2 scales ear buds (both) and headphones. No band shows at all.

This is from the WYZE web site via my PC

Its still listed on www.wyze.com, I never use the shop app,it’s missing alot of items and it’s never up to date

1 Like

is anyone else done with the lack of response to issues with wyze products? i am no longer going to support the company with additional product purchases until any resolution, or at least information, is given. they direct customers with problems to this forum; “it’s looked at on a regular basis “…i imagine wyze personnel reading people’s pleas for assistance and laughing. i’m done…if they stop supporting the band (which is delightfully light and has just enough useful functionality for the basic tracker that i am looking for), i’m done with the company.

1 Like

The Wyze Lemmings will mark you as a Heretic and cast you into the bowels of the Robo Vac. I too WAS a early supporter and moved on. I update in the form to what I still use in my Wyze inventory.

1 Like
  1. No support for wyze watch
  2. Overall customer focus deterioration.
  3. Too many devices, no supply
  4. Shipping costs are outrageous
  5. Chief Marketing Officer is a diva. So much drama.
  6. Horrendous ad campaign in YouTube. Videos are embarrassing.
1 Like