- They just announced this is coming, but that it will probably be for cam plus only.
If I have to PAY to view my cameras in a web view on my PC, I will be DONE with Wyze (glad I didn’t purchase the Wyze Sprinkler Controller, the Wyze Robot Vacuum, or a Wyze Cam Pan).
- They originally told us the VDB could not stream the video to Google or Alexa because of the incompatible resolution (Google and Alexa didn’t allow portrait view streaming or something like that), So when they titlted it sideways to be able to stream on Echo Shows,
Perhaps a CHECK BOX with a disclaimer that forces the user to check the box that they Acknowledge that WYZE has NO CONTROL over how the doorbell is being displayed on 3rd party apps, such as the Amazon Echo Show
I was excited they were allowing it even though they previously said they wouldn’t allow it. Then people complained and filed tickets with Alexa, so Amazon pressured Wyze about it and Wyze said they might have to disable access completely again to stop all the tickets to Amazon. That would be sad.
- Honestly, I don’t understand how portrait view is the issue…I do “Drop ins” to my Echo show from my phone all the time and it streams my phone video in portrait just fine in a video call…why does streaming another kind of camera make a difference? That is confusing to me.
GREAT COMPARISON! Yes, I concur… my iphone feed to the drop in shows just fine in portrait mode, So perhaps something is not as it appears here… Who’s causing this issue?.. Amazon? Wyze? or both?.. things that make you go hmmmm
- V2 RTSP is working.
a google search found this URL:
Wyze Cam RTSP – Wyze
and it specifically states:
V3 RTSP project was just barely completed and is in initial testing with Wyze employees and is expect to be released in 3-4 months, though it could be sooner. They won’t do RTSP with the WCO because it’s battery-operated, but they are considering doing it for the VDB next, but haven’t started.
I’m not holding my breath, hope I haven’t sold my camera’s and moved on to something else.
- They’ve done a little of this with specials, such as buy 4 subscriptions in a bundle and get them cheaper than normal, but I would love a better option too.
I paid for CamPlus for my 15 camera’s… I won’t renew it… I’d rather pay for the camera, and use it as I see fit with my QNAP NAS’s QVR software, or TinyCam or Blue Iris, or ContaCam, etc… Yes, more expensive for those camera’s, but I’m not paying a subscription fee, which is a deal breaker for me.
- They said a fix for this is on the way.
I like how the Wyze Doorbell has the events down below of the live feed. I’d like to see something like that with the other Wyze Camera’s.
- They mostly stick to Beta or News from Wyze forum groups. To my understanding, the “ask the community” and “Tips” sections are virtually unmonitored by employees and left completely to the community (including mods and mavens who are very knowledgeable and can and have passed on really important things). Still, only a few threads are really addressed much by employees themselves, though I have seen interaction increase in the second quarter of this year. Hopefully engagement continues to go up.