TO THE ADMINISTRATION- I agreed to your Terms when I bought your camera

Odd.

I don’t see this issue. I’m running the WyzeBeta app, so maybe that’s the difference.

Are you both on Android, and did you update Android today, and then see this issue?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Rebooting 50 times a day

This seems like an app issue to me, not a camera firmware issue. I’d first say restart your device, then try viewing the events. If it persists, try deleting and reinstalling the app to your device and then restart the device again for good measure. Please both @Soccerman and @Captcoolhand try the above and see if this helps you.

1 Like

I’ve tried everything, Restarted, unplugged, reloaded…etc to no avail. You can’t convince me that it’s an app problem. Nothing was wrong until this last update and Term crap was implemented.
Wyze cameras, I thought, had a lot of potential when they first came on board, But, every time these guys call themselves making improvements, the value of this camera goes down. Leave it alone, to much is not good. Spend the 20 million doing other things

i didn’t do anything, this is something that happened on its own.

@Captcoolhand

See if the solution posted here helps: Events playback are 1/4 size.

If not, have you filed a Support Request with Wyze? If you put in a support ticket and they don’t solve it, you can let me know the ticket number and I can see if I can get it escalated.

3 Likes

So, firmware update can change user setting? in screen resolution, sd card etc?
should be in firmware message to urge user checking their setup after update.

Lessin learned:
Never allow Automatic updates,
especially Google Play Store.

1 Like

Wyze is the best camera +service I have ever seen…
Your complaint that it doesn’t work if internet service is interrupted is like complaining that the car you purchased doesn’t work without gas or a freeway…

7 Likes

This thread now has me concerned. Not enough to bail on Wyze but enough to seek out further info. I did not update firmware or app a while ago when it was a do or don’t to keep person detection. My understanding at the time was don’t upgrade and you don’t lose person detection. Based on this thread I went and looked at my firmware and noticed I was on .98 the last version before the one causing this thread. I don’t remember updating to this version as I was actively avoiding it. Was this applied by Wyze not me?

Now I also see the issue where I can’t view my live stream without updating. Can’t say I like that at all.

What is happening here? Are we really not in control of our cameras and user experience?

Not picking a fight…trying to understand by having rational discussion.

BTW, I ordered a Wyze Scale to go along with my 3 cams, 2 plugs and Sense bridge.

2 Likes

Wyze never updates device firmware without user action.

Are you referring to the app here? To accepting the Terms & Conditions? Accepting that message does not update the app (or the firmware). It just acknowledges that you are aware of the change to the T&C.

4 Likes

The Display settings being referred to are phone settings not Wyze settings.
Wyze updates don’t change the setting. The app may not be compatible with your existing phone display setting.

You do realize that these cameras do not operate at all without the web side servers that these devices connect to. The server applications support all of the account management, event recording, and notification services, and that all of that infrastructure must be maintained so that the platform can be upgraded and improved over time. They cannot provide support for out of date software!

It’s unfortunate how the person identification feature issue came about, but Wyze had no choice in the matter. If y’all want to complain, please direct your ire to Apple Corp. It was the acquisition of this technology by apple that resulted in the immediate nullification of the prior usage agreements.

To the Wyze team: please accept my compliments on the camera products. I have been pleased with my products and the support I have received.

15 Likes

Thanks for confirmation on firmware updates. Strange because I know I avoided updating it but if that’s the case perhaps I did accidentally? Hmmm.
As far as the the Terms and Conditions, I think I was confused by the original post. I have since updated all cameras and other products and the app. I’m good to go.

Just so I’m clear. If the web is down or Wyze has back end / server difficulties, I won’t be able to live stream or view previous video from playback?

1 Like

Actually, we’re talking about that in another thread. As long as the camera doesn’t reboot you will be able to communicate with it as long as you are on the same network.

Actually you are not correct on this issue. The feature to review the event in portrait mode worked fine before the app update, and now it does not. I have not changed any screen settings on my phone. I have a Galaxy Note 9, so unless there is an incompatibility with Samsung, the issue is with the app. As I said worked before app update - not working after.
I am uploading 3 pics:

1. view from events list
  2. view of the event while event is not playing
  3. view of the event while playing
1 Like

Pic 2

1 Like

Pic 3

1 Like

I’m the same way, I never update the camera for it’s worse off than before I did. If it’s not broke, why fix it. I know as well, It still tells me I have an update in Google Play, and I refuse to deal with it. Just a headache half the time to reset up.
My camera never had problems until now and it seem no one wants to address the issue either.

Also, EricDelong just told us that this is now an Apple product so having problems on Samsung Galaxy phones-Android… probably should be expected.

1 Like

I’m like you sir, I did nothing, no changes to settings, nothing. But suddenly I/we have problems and no one seems to take responsibility.

1 Like

Oops! I had meant that to say that Apple bought the “person detection” feature, and yanked it from current usage, forcing Wyze to remove the feature.