Tip to help vacuum dock to charging station

I didn’t have any issues with the vacuum returning to the charging station on hard wood floors, but when I moved it to another floor in my home that is primarily carpet, I found the vacuum would find the charging station without any problems, but would continuously dock, connect for a moment, then move away and begin to dock again. It would do this over and over until the battery died.

I found the issue is that the charging dock, even when pressed up against the base board at the bottom of the wall, tilts upward when the vacuum begins to dock and the charging plates don’t match up correctly. I think this is because of how carpet is attached to nail strips at the edge near the wall itself; the flooring under the charging dock isn’t as flat and solid as it is on a non-carpeted floor.

I placed an object that is approximately 3/4" behind the charging dock forcing it away from the wall slightly so that it’s sitting more on solid ground and away from the nail strip that holds the carpet down and I haven’t had a problem since doing this.

I think an upgrade is needed to the charging dock to remedy this problem in the future but at least, for now, I’ve found a workaround.

2 Likes

That’s not a bad idea. I stuck something in the back to make it stay up and not lean back because of the baseboard. But it’s still not perfect. I was testing in my Master bedroom at first and so I had the charging station against my closet door, The room is carpet and it worked fine like that. There’s no tack strip or baseboard screwing things up.

But when I moved it to where I had my Roomba, which is under furniture, out of the way and mostly hidden, that is when I started having issue with it docking. I got it where it kind of works, but now I’m thinking about getting some thin piece of wood large enough where I can mount the charging station onto on one end, and the Vacuum can drive up onto that. So also like being on a hardwood floor. The Dock wouldn’t get bumped around, etc.

The biggest issue I have is it gets close, does the whole spin thing and backs up a little bit, but not enough. or it backs up and makes contact and it seems just fine but it for whatever reason doesn’t like it and pulls forward only to start all over again.

Mine is doing the exact same thing. You can see that it is connected after backing up, but then it leaves and tries again and again and again…I put a pen behind and it did seem to help a bit, but I think I’ll throws book behind it or something and hopefully that will help. As it stands, I have to hold it to the dock until it stops moving. Hopefully WYZE will address the issue through software sometime.