Tiny Cam Pro Update Plays Wyze Recordings from the Cloud

Tiny Cam Pro Update Plays Wyze Recordings from the Cloud

Chas

3 Likes

Very cool! I’m an iOS guy, so I haven’t used TinyCam yet, but I decided to get one of the Fire 7 Tablets yesterday, because they were only $30 for Black Friday. I’m going to mount it on the wall and use it as a dedicated camera monitor.

2 Likes

No grey overlay, either, when pausing video play.

Imagine if we can do this on a PC/mac/linux. If only Wyze would allow cloud access to third parties.

I was also thinking of using TinyCam as a solution for my WyzeCam to be viewable on PC/Smart TV, but when I’ve read on how to configure/add your cam to it and found out I have to input my Wyze username/password… then it got me thinking about security, since that could give TinyCam access to my Wyze account?

2 Likes

Yes, it does. tinycam accesses the same servers as the Wyze app does. As will any other client (PC/mac/other) t that goes through the Wyze servers.

1 Like

What is tinycam, and what are the benefits of using it?

https://tinycammonitor.com/

Yes. I’m not particularly worried about that, but I probably wouldn’t put a camera in my bedroom, for example. Mine generally monitor the outside of my property, not the inside, so I doubt it’s very interesting for most people. Sometimes when I leave, I’ll turn on a camera inside if I want to be able to check on my dog, but I doubt that’s very interesting for people either.

It’s not because I don’t trust Tinycam or Wyze, either. It’s just that no technology is unhackable. That’s why every OS update includes “security patches.” All the major tech companies have had major flaws in the past that have allowed people unauthorized access to your data, including your phone camera, microphone, etc. Those aren’t usually reported until the companies discover that someone has been exploiting them already. So it would be reasonable to assume there are still flaws that simply aren’t publicly known yet. In fact, it would be UNreasonable to assume that there AREN’T.

It’s worth mentioning that during playback you can vary the speed from slowmo to 5X.

2 Likes

For me it gives me the ability to look at the camera images from my computer via an Android emulator running the app. I think some are also using it with a FireTV device to be able to look at cams from their TVs.

1 Like

You’re running an Android emulator, shouldn’t you be able to install the Wyze app as well?

Yes, that would be possible. I like tinyCam PRO as it allows me to view multiple cams at one time in a different interface than doing it in groups in the Wyze app.

Here is a link to a picture from the other day:
Google Photos

2 Likes

I like tinycam pro, too. But that’s because I have IP cameras other than Wyze.

1 Like

Where do I purchase tiny cam. Sorry for lame question.
Thank

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/dl/android?p=com.alexvas.dvr&showAll=1

You got to have an Android phone or tablet or Amazon Fire tablet, since its available on their store.

Do you have to pay the $3.99 per camera monthly subscription fee in order to view Wyze cam on a PC? I wish Wyze will let you view on a PC. I don’t get any cell signal at work and no WiFi.

Tiny Cam is for Android or Amazon devices, not PC – although you could use an Android emulator to view it on a PC. There’s a free version that has some limitations, but the Pro version is a one-time fee of $3.99. It’s not $3.99 per month. It’s third-party software, not by Wyze, but it’s well-made and serves its purpose well. I’m happy to give them 4 bucks to use it.

1 Like

OK so I have the tiny camp pro paid version on my Amazon fire TV. I have loaded both of my Wyze cameras under keeps telling me that they’re not number one in my app and re-order my app. but here’s the thing when I sort the app it keeps putting the door lock and the Gateway on top. I’ve tried sorting it probably 12 times and it will be sorted. If I leave the app and go back the lock and the gateway are back on top. Any suggestions? Feel free to PM me and I’ll give you my phone number and you can step me through it because I’m completely lost