Timezone for scheduled rules? Bug/Issue with rules running correctly

I agree – I do a similar thing, but I also added the bulbs on my Porch and put a motion sensor out there. I have those going on Max Brightness so that my camera’s will record in color. Once I get the Out door cam in, I can have it trigger the lights…

Glad it worked for you. Wyze is looking into the reason for this to see what is going on. I did test the latest Beta App and found that if you use the + sign, the rule will work, but subsequent rules from the same process wont. Clicking the Pencil and creating the rules seems to work for me.

Rules stopped working. I deleted them and created again with Pencil first then +. Not working at all if the time is enabled

These are my parameters:

Trigger: motion sensor, if detects motion
Action: Group light (3 bulbs) turn on 100%
Time: 7:00Pm to 11:59PM
Everyday

Trigger: Motion sensor, if detects motion
Action: Group light (3 bulbs) turn on 20%
Time: 12:00AM to 6:00AM
Everyday

Trigger: Motion sensor, has not detected motion for 1 minute
Action: Group light (3 bulbs) turn off
No time

I’m having to migrate back to Alexa.

Sorry to hear that…

My rule is as follows:

1. 8pm to 6:30am everyday, if motion is sensed, 2 bulbs are turned on.

2. Motion cleared, turn off the lights.

Been working for 2 days now. I have other sensors in the house which triggers my lights in my house, which is working as well.

Wonder what the difference is

So I did more testing and currently have the following, However, stick with what works for you. I have been testing to try to figure out why mine worked and yours did not. Are you on using iOS or Android? I am using Android for this:

Here are the steps I took - not sure if it makes a difference.

• Click the Pencil in the top right
  • Click Edit Rules
  • Click the + Sign
  • Select Device Trigger
  • Enter a Name
  • Select the Device Trigger (I selected Motion to turn things on and Cleared with no delay to turn things off)
  • Select an Action (On or Off) according to the Trigger you need
  • Select Time
  • Set a Start Time and ensure the AM/PM is correct
  • Set the End time by scrolling the Hours forward, this causes the AM / PM to automatically adjust. Pick the Hour and then the Minute. No Need to set AM/PM as it has automatically got set when you scrolled forward.
  • Click Save

This seems to works for me. I never do it from the Main screen plus sign. In addition, I roll the time forward when I am setting time. I have experienced mixed results when I rolled it back and selected AM/PM. Can’t say for sure why it works for me and not you.

Below are some of my triggers.

1. From 10:00pm to 4:15 am Daily, turn the lights on in the house if motion is sensed on the Hall Motion Sensor

2. From 10:00pm to 4:15 am Daily, turn the lights on in the house if motion is sensed on the Living Room Motion Sensor

3. From 10:00pm to 4:15 am Daily, turn the lights on in the house if motion is sensed on the Family Room Motion Sensor

4. From 10:00pm to 4:15 am Daily, turn the lights on in the house if Garage Door opens

5. From 10:00pm to 4:15 am Daily, turn the lights on in the house if Front Door opens

6. From 10:00pm to 4:15 am Daily, turn the lights on in the house if Sliding Door opens

7. From 8:00pm to 6:30 am Daily, turn the Porch lights on if motion is sensed on the Porch

All of these Rules work for me.

1 Like

Well, now my outdoor triggers stopped working. I created a new post: Trigger Rule issue

This started a couple of days ago – around the same time of the reported outage.

I am now using Alexa for the outdoor lights to come on. I am also looking at re-hooking up my hubitat until Wyze has this fixed.

Update

Its been awhile since this post, but I recently had the same issue you have or had - not sure if you got it corrected. Tonight, I seem to have gotten mine working by making one simple change. I made sure the start time was before the end time (regardless of am/pm). Meaning: I had my rule setup for 8:00 pm to 6:30am. the triggers stopped firing after the last outage. I just modified my start time to 6:00pm and left the end time at 6:30am and now they are working. Notice that the start is before the end.

Here is the link to what I posted: Triggers not working