Timestamp Customization (location, color, size, etc.)

The timestamp is way too small to be “reasonably readable”. I think it should be at least as big as the “WYZE” watermark. Plz also consider putting a black background around it, which will also help readability. See attached pic.

Try reading the timestamp on my Android in landscape mode, AND, in playback mode.

Now, try to imagine that you are trying to quickly search thru video for a particular event #irestmycase

3 Likes

On iOS, as long as your finger is on the timeline, there is a time indicator (see below) that pops up over the video while scrolling in both portrait and landscape. Do you not have this on Android?

1 Like

GP- good point. The time is there when yur finger is on the timeline.

The “time indicator” is also somewhat “touchy”, which “piles on” some addtl frustration. What I am saying is that there is “room for improvement”, which really only shows up when you want to quickly find an event.

I nearly gave up recently when trying to identify a “porch pirate”. Wyze helped me to determine that there was a “wind thief”.

1 Like

In case you’re not aware, if you put two fingers on the timeline and spread them apart, the scale will zoom in, making it much easier to stop at a specific time once you have gotten close.

4 Likes

Rather than changing the size perhaps you could put the placement in the setup so you could try with your phone. For me, top right would be best. Other devices clearly different.

3 Likes

Feature request: Please add the ability for users to change the corner where the timestamp watermark is displayed. I’d like the ability to position the time in the top left corner of the frame. Thanks!

3 Likes

(MOD NOTE: Changed the title of this topic to reflect the requests in the thread.)

1 Like

Hi Developers,

Would it be possible please to move the “Playback” Timeline UP a notch or two so that it does not obscure the “Date & Time Stamp” in the lower right hand corner of the screen when in Full Screen mode?Annotation%202019-08-29%20080550|690x262

1 Like

The timestamp is always displayed as white text, which is invisible when the camera image is white or a very light colour. I’d like you to make the timestamp background black so that it’s always visible regardless of the camera image.

2 Likes

While I don’t disagree kwith you reasoning for black, it should not be that all the time or it should be a white/black changeable option by the customer. I have a cam where at night the area of the timestamp is pretty much black.

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Timestamp 12- and 24-hour time formats

Please allow different font color(s) for the timestamp. Presently with the white color it can be difficult to read or even disappear against an area that is light or white in color. Allowing to choose white or black would be a start, but having a wide choice of colors would be even better.

2 Likes

Is there a way to change the font color of the displayed date/time in the live video? When this is in IR/BW, the color white is hard to see unless you are close to the device. In my case I run TinyCamPro on my Android TV device to watch my baby during sleep, and the font is hard to see unless I get close to the TV; would love to be able to change it to yellow or green or something contrasting the B&W picture, or have a background that has less than 100% opacity where the date/time is, I think that would also help.

Hi @teredactle. I have moved your topic to this relevant #wishlist request. You can vote for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

1 Like

It will be great if we can customize the location of the time stamp watermark. Like a choice of at least top/bottom left/right to optimize and see the stuff we are monitoring.

2 Likes

Be able to choose which corner of the frame to display the timestamp watermark instead of only in the bottom right corner. I like the timestamp, but it covers an important/“would be helpful to see” part of the frame and repositioning the camera isn’t possible.

(This would likely need to happen with the Wyze watermark as well so they don’t display over each other)

1 Like

I would just like to add to the list of people who wished they could:

1. Relocate the burnt-in time to a different corner at a minimum, anywhere ideally.
  2. Customize colour of burnt-in time, at least choose between black or white.
1 Like

Ability to change color of the wyze logo and time stamp

It would be nice to have accessibility, to change the wyze logo and the time stamp in the live feed .

Often times when I view my cameras when I’m outside in the sun , I can barely see the time stamp and logo , when theirs lights in frame it’ll wash out and make it hard to see the logo and time stamp , and also when their lights turned on near by and in frame

1 Like