Timeout error during install

I just received my first V3 camera. During the installation, it times out asking to rescan the QR code. I made sure the iPhone was on the 2.4ghz network. I’ve tried power cycling both the iPhone and the V3 and nothing helps. I’ve gone through the setup process several times and get the same result. The WiFi signal is very strong.

I have an Arris surf all in one cable modem / router. Never had any issues connecting to it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated else it’s going back to Amazon.

Ed

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue. One of the forum mods stated that Wyze is aware of the issue but I have no way of verifying that.

Thanks. Hoping it’s a temporary issue. Will try again later and tomorrow. Didn’t expect to have this trouble. I know the camera is indeed connecting to my WiFi because I checked to see if it’s MAC address showed up. It did but then went away after I asked to scan the QR code. Given that, I’m assuming they have a server issue on their side. Hope they fix it soon.

Ed

Having the same issue. Received them 10/4, used for 1 DAY, then 1 quit working after i unplugged it to try and move to a better location, another quit after updating the firmware, while the third updated and works fine. Makes no sense. We didn’t buy these to set on my table. Hoping this is fixed soon. On the phone now. They said their engineers are aware and are working on a resolution. If you’ve already gone through all the trouble shooting that was recommended you are essentially stuck until their IT on their side fixed the issue. I was told to call back in 24 hrs if the problem persists. They may just be issuing me a refund if this isn’t fixed. So frustrated.

1 Like

Keep us posted.

This issue has been fixed. Please setup the device again. Sorry for the trouble

1 Like

After several attempts, no differance between them, my V3 cam connected, and operated as expected for 6 hours. Some time last night it disconnected and we are back to square one. Tried power cycle, did not work, tried deleting and reconnecting, did not work. Any ideas, anyone else experiencing the same again?

Mines working fine

I know that this is two years later, however I am running into the same issue. I have to delete my camera due to changing my wifi ssid and password. Now I cannot get it to work with a new setup. I keep getting the timeout error.