Time Sync while on vacation

I learned the hard way that when you’re in a different time zone than your camera (ie: on vacation), when the app asks you to sync (don’t know why it did that over & over again)…don’t do it!
We had a burglar in our home (Mountain Time) while we were away, but I didn’t realize that syncing in the app (while in Central Time) would change the actual time stamp on the videos (my fault for ignorance). So, this bad guy is claiming the time stamp is off by an hour, and he claims an alibi.
We’ll have to hash it out in court.
And, yes, his face is on camera & all actions recorded on microSD card. He’s denying it’s him.

1 Like

Good to know. Hopefully the courts will have sense enough to convict the loser.

1 Like

He can deny it all he wants honestly. Doesnt matter the timestamp or shouldnt with any judge. As soon as his face shows and its the same thats all that should matter. As long as you can prove he was there on that day and burgled it shouldnt matter what happened with the time stamp. Also possibly a good reason to turn them off to a point. There also might be in the file information a created on information if you look at the file creation date and time. But that might sync as well. The cameras also do need to not try to sync the time unlesssss you are on the same network. Thus avoiding this issue altogether.

2 Likes

I agree with you. I travel for work all over the world and this is totally aggravating. It should be preference if you want to sync time. I don’t! I want the time of where the camera is not where I am. I also have two homes in different time zones, each with cameras. I know which camera I am looking at and don’t want the time zone to change to where I am at with the phone app… PLEASE PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS… lol

2 Likes

Totally agree on this one. I just added another wishlist item…

1 Like

Hello,
Just another user asking to remove this function, there is no logical reason to do that. Camera time stamp must be the time where the camera is working.