Time lapse video does not exist.

same issue here… Ive resorted to just converting it to mp4 from VLC player

same exact issue for me. I have 5 cams (v2) and all are doing the same thing. they all have the TL in the Album, when i select it, a countdown of some sort seems to try to start for a fraction of a second, then the msg FILE DOESN’T EXIST appears. The thumbnail of the TL seems to be accurate to what i wanted to film a TL of. I have the camera’s mounted in a hard to reach place, so its a PIA to get to the SD card…

Support ticket #219101

1 Like

Had he same issue where video file appeared but could not be viewed.

I reformatted the Wyze 32 GB micro SD and now can do time lapse videos.

Fortunately, the camera was new and did not have any critical files that were lost.

Same here seems the bug was never fixed.

I have started a ticket, #219101, and have been contacted by support for my log files. Let’s see if it gets fixed.

With the most recent beta build I’ve had 1 time lapse work, 1 not, on different cams.
/edit - I’ve gotten several more time lapses to work and download to my device, both Fire and Samsung J3.
I did not reload the app on the J3, I did on the Fire.

With the recent rstp beta no timelapse can by watched from the app. They are on the SD card and you can watch them in VLC. Video is also recorded in addition to video on teh iphone. Video recording only works when access to photo library is enabled. Why? video is also recorded on CD card anyway?

1 Like

Same issue here after the last update I think? I have the default image placeholder for timelapse videos but they will not play, “does not exist”

Is that with or without the flash for RTSP?

Same thing here. :frowning: I’m on rtsp fw.

Seeing this currently. Kind of a bummer to have to pull the SD card to see the time lapses

Wyze is aware of this issue, and are currently working on a fix.

1 Like

I have rolled back to fw ver. 4.9.4.28
TL now download correctly. I will remain at this fw until the issue is fixed FWIW.

1 Like

Not only do I get the “doesn’t exist” error, occasionally it will tell me that I have to be on the same network as the camera in order to download the video. And I am on the same network, standing right next to the camera, and confirmed the SSID in the cam and on my phone. Glad they’re aware of the problem.

I was getting that

" on the same network "

error when I tried to download large timelapses (> 1.2 Gb).

1 Like

I haven’t verified this because I get the ‘file not found’ error first (they say they are rolling out a fix for that, BTW), but the ‘not on the same network’ error may extend as far as you aren’t on the 2.4 GHz branch of your network.

In my opinion, ‘not on the same network’ shouldn’t even be an error. You will know if the download is going too slow. They should let you try.

Also, for anyone that still doesn’t know, the file is on the card, but you have to move it to another device like a PC to get access to it.

Yeah, but it was some strange file type. I shouldn’t have to download and install a new app to see files created by another, you know?

I understand. They are working the issue, I believe the next public release will have a fix for the ‘file not found’ error.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Firmware Version 4.9.4.51 on Android.

Why is this not fixed

2 Likes